Installation & Licensing

Reply
*walter, thomas
Message 1 of 5 (115 Views)

ADLM on NTserver and 4 workstation with lokal AutoCAD2000-i

115 Views, 4 Replies
02-25-2001 07:54 AM
hello,
ourr network-installation shut only be a network-license
1.
First we we installed the autocad2000-i on lokal machines, for 4 times,
c:\autocad-200-i
now the system ask for 30 day to license-key.
2.
On the Nt-Server ( TCP/IP-Protokol available), we installed the ADLM - only.
with ADLM-Admin, we see the SERVER-CODE 1536 / xxxx yyyy zzz aaaa bbbb

? and now ?
are our steps correct?

? where we get the code
the online register at https://register.autodesk.com is not for Network
license
shut we try from outside professional ?

thanks
thomas
*martin, jason
Message 2 of 5 (115 Views)

Re: ADLM on NTserver and 4 workstation with lokal AutoCAD2000-i

02-25-2001 10:31 AM in reply to: *walter, thomas
Thomas -
How did you install autocad on the local machines? Did you install it from
the CD? If so then you should un-install these and create a "client
deployment". To create the client deployment navigate to the \netsetup
folder on the cd and run setup.exe and select client deployment.

Creating a client deployment will require you to place an "image" somewhere
on a server that all of the clients can see. This image will be used to
install autocad on all of the clients. Installing autocad directly from the
cd and trying to get licenses from the adlm server is not supported.

hth

jason martin
frankfurt-short-bruza

thomas walter wrote in message
news:95F17C43697F47AE460AE285E07CB767@in.WebX.maYIadrTaRb...
> hello,
> ourr network-installation shut only be a network-license
> 1.
> First we we installed the autocad2000-i on lokal machines, for 4 times,
> c:\autocad-200-i
> now the system ask for 30 day to license-key.
> 2.
> On the Nt-Server ( TCP/IP-Protokol available), we installed the ADLM -
only.
> with ADLM-Admin, we see the SERVER-CODE 1536 / xxxx yyyy zzz aaaa bbbb
>
> ? and now ?
> are our steps correct?
>
> ? where we get the code
> the online register at https://register.autodesk.com is not for Network
> license
> shut we try from outside professional ?
>
> thanks
> thomas
>
*martin, jason
Message 3 of 5 (115 Views)

Re:

02-25-2001 10:56 AM in reply to: *walter, thomas
Sorry I didn't finish my post before I posted...

You'll need to call autodesk to get an "authorization" code. The number
that you will need to call should be in the installation guide. Basically
(after finding the correct number) you will call autodesk, they will ask you
your serial number, address, company name and number of licenses (make sure
that you have all of you acad serial number handy, even previous versions if
this is an upgrade). They will then ask you for your server code. Give it
to them and they will give you back a 9 million (okay it's not really that
long) digit authorization code. On the adlm server you will launch adlm
admin (I think) and type in the authorization code. Your adlm will then be
able to issue licenses.

hth

jason
(snip)
> thomas walter wrote in message
> news:95F17C43697F47AE460AE285E07CB767@in.WebX.maYIadrTaRb...
> > hello,
> > ourr network-installation shut only be a network-license
> > 1.
> > First we we installed the autocad2000-i on lokal machines, for 4 times,
> > c:\autocad-200-i
> > now the system ask for 30 day to license-key.
> > 2.
> > On the Nt-Server ( TCP/IP-Protokol available), we installed the ADLM -
> only.
> > with ADLM-Admin, we see the SERVER-CODE 1536 / xxxx yyyy zzz aaaa bbbb
> >
> > ? and now ?
> > are our steps correct?
> >
> > ? where we get the code
> > the online register at https://register.autodesk.com is not for Network
> > license
> > shut we try from outside professional ?
> >
> > thanks
> > thomas
> >
>
*walter, thomas
Message 4 of 5 (115 Views)

Re:

02-26-2001 02:06 AM in reply to: *walter, thomas
hey,
is it "really right" - (EDITED) happens.
in Autocad14 and mechanical 2000, we istalled from CD on lokal herddisk,
copied he adesksys.dll and all was fine.
your opinion, that i have to
- deinstalled the aktuel software and
- create an image on the server first. ?

thomas

"jason martin" schrieb im Newsbeitrag
news:smileyvery-happy:059D83802B9ABE5D308C7A3EB063CC6@in.WebX.maYIadrTaRb...
> Thomas -
> How did you install autocad on the local machines? Did you install it
from
> the CD? If so then you should un-install these and create a "client
> deployment". To create the client deployment navigate to the \netsetup
> folder on the cd and run setup.exe and select client deployment.
>
> Creating a client deployment will require you to place an "image"
somewhere
> on a server that all of the clients can see. This image will be used to
> install autocad on all of the clients. Installing autocad directly from
the
> cd and trying to get licenses from the adlm server is not supported.
>
> hth
>
> jason martin
> frankfurt-short-bruza
>
> thomas walter wrote in message
> news:95F17C43697F47AE460AE285E07CB767@in.WebX.maYIadrTaRb...
> > hello,
> > ourr network-installation shut only be a network-license
> > 1.
> > First we we installed the autocad2000-i on lokal machines, for 4 times,
> > c:\autocad-200-i
> > now the system ask for 30 day to license-key.
> > 2.
> > On the Nt-Server ( TCP/IP-Protokol available), we installed the ADLM -
> only.
> > with ADLM-Admin, we see the SERVER-CODE 1536 / xxxx yyyy zzz aaaa bbbb
> >
> > ? and now ?
> > are our steps correct?
> >
> > ? where we get the code
> > the online register at https://register.autodesk.com is not for Network
> > license
> > shut we try from outside professional ?
> >
> > thanks
> > thomas
> >
>
*martin, jason
Message 5 of 5 (115 Views)

Re:

02-26-2001 09:52 AM in reply to: *walter, thomas
Thomas -
Here's my recommendation.
Uninstall autocad from the machines where you used the CD to do the
installation.
From the CD's \netsetup folder run setup.exe and create a client deployment.
Create an installation image on a server that everyone has access to. You
can select different options that you want installed on the client (just
like you were doing a local install, and all the clients are installed the
same).
On each of the clients run the exe located in the root of the share that you
created the installation image on. Make sure that when you are running the
installation on the clients you are using an account with administrative
privileges.

hth

jason martin
frankfurt-short-bruza

thomas walter wrote in message
news:9C5434C4148676C9034C6336913101D4@in.WebX.maYIadrTaRb...
> hey,
> is it "really right" - (EDITED) happens.
> in Autocad14 and mechanical 2000, we istalled from CD on lokal herddisk,
> copied he adesksys.dll and all was fine.
> your opinion, that i have to
> - deinstalled the aktuel software and
> - create an image on the server first. ?
>
> thomas

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community


Up & Ready Blog

Boldly Install, Configure and Deploy Autodesk Software.

AutodeskHelp Blog

Your one-stop shop for the latest solutions, breaking news, and behind the scenes access to the world of Autodesk support.

Connect with Us

Twitter

Pinterest

Blog

Youtube