Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ACad2004 Network Access slow, with a twist

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Anonymous
120 Views, 1 Reply

ACad2004 Network Access slow, with a twist

Network - Windows 2000 AD, workstation XP Pro. This ONE system seems to have very sluggish network performance. During the initial Acad setup, it took around 8 tries to get it to install (it would install, and then immediately roll back and uninstall itself, but then SAY installation was finished. I had to disable AntiVirus on this system for install to work; this has never been a problem in the past). Now, once it runs, it's smooth as silk -- until you add all of our custom network path settings for search paths. With them added, drawings with Xrefs take as long as 30-45 seconds to load; other systems load the same drawings in 2-3 seconds. However, these search paths actually INCREASE speed on every other system. While loading a drawing, the network load jumps to around 25-30% utilization. I've tried:
1 - Changing the NIC
2 - Updating both NICs
3 - Running all service packs and patches (both on ACad and Windows)
4 - Running Netbeui
5 - Disabling digital signature icons
6 - Full reinstalls, including regediting out all old Acad entries

The only thing I HAVEN'T tried yet is ghosting the hard drive of an identical system that works perfectly - which I'm hoping to avoid so that I don't have to beg Microsoft to re-activate Office.

Any help would be REALLY appreciated.
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Run diagnostics to determine if there is other hardware at fault: hard drive disk, controller, or RAM. Also check for spyware/adware lurking in the background. A quick test is to move the hard drive into a different (but identical) machine to see if the problem follows it.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report