Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ACADE Startup Error 142

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
rf_heli
1740 Views, 6 Replies

ACADE Startup Error 142

I am trying to evaluate Autocad electrical with the trial.  When I start it I get the error unable to open application error 142 message.

I have Autocad 2012 installed and it is using a network floating license.  I am pretty sure it has soemthing to do with this but I am not seeing how to get the trial working along with keeping 2012 working as is.

Thank you

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
asburyj
in reply to: rf_heli

Hello,

Can you provide a screenshot or the full text of the error you are getting? Also, what operating system is this?

Jeffry Asbury
Message 3 of 7
rf_heli
in reply to: asburyj

Windows 7 64bit

Message 4 of 7
asburyj

In some cases this can be cause by a corruption of your microsoft .net framework 4 (or 4.5) can you try repairing or uninstalling and re-installing .net framework?

Jeffry Asbury
Message 5 of 7
rf_heli

Tired both a repair and uninstalling and reinstalling frameworks.  I still get the same error message. 

Message 6 of 7
asburyj

It looks like there may also be a conflict with adobe acrobat 9. Take a look at the solutions in this thread

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Installation-Licensing/AutoCAD-2015-Unable-to-start-0xc0000142/td-p/49...

Jeffry Asbury
Message 7 of 7
rf_heli

Thank you,  I had to run the Autoruns executable to uncheck the two .dll files that were shown. 

Nvinitx.dll and nvinit.dll

Thanks

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report