Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ACAD LT Portable License Utility will not start.

9 REPLIES 9
Message 1 of 10
doug
3177 Views, 9 Replies

ACAD LT Portable License Utility will not start.

Trying to move my ACAD LT 2007 software onto a different laptop.  The new laptop will not run the portable license utility client.  What now?

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
TravisNave
in reply to: doug

Autodesk 2007 products are not supported on Windows 7, which I suspect your new laptop is running. 

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 3 of 10
doug
in reply to: TravisNave

The new one and the old one.  If it is not supported, why does it run on one computer and not the other?  Both are running Windows 7 Pro.  Both are HP laptops about two months different in age.

Message 4 of 10
TravisNave

Guess you got lucky on one and not the other.  You will be unable to get a supported solution from Autodesk on this situation.  You need to be running Autodesk 2010 products or later for Windows 7.  Otherwise you need to install your LT onto Windows XP.  Microsoft offers a free Virtual PC installation of WIndows XP for Windows 7 users.  You might consider downloading and installing that on your laptop. 

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/virtual-pc/default.aspx

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 5 of 10
doug

The software itself runs just fine on either computer, without using the XP Mode.  The only thing that does not work is the Portable Licensing Utility.  How do I move the license?

Message 6 of 10
TravisNave

You could try to activate it on the second computer to see if that works.  Otherwise, you will be unlikely able to move it using the PLU.  There is no supported method for Windows 7 installations.  Using the Virtual PC would be your best bet in this situation.  I don't make the rules and I understand your frustration, but it is what it is.  I am just providing you a possible alternative. 

Autodesk Forums:
Message 7 of 10
doug

So is the PLU the only way to move the license? 

Message 8 of 10
TravisNave

For 2007.  The PLU was replaced with the OLT in 2010.  Both are still horrible programs that work less than never... in my opinion.  I have to bash the process at least once per PLU post.  🙂

Autodesk Forums:
Message 9 of 10
nacrisp

I had this issue. Right-click on the portable license utility icon and change the properties (Compatibility tab) so that it runs in windows XP compatibility mode, and 'run as  administrator'.

Should work fine.

Message 10 of 10
zeighty
in reply to: nacrisp

nacrisp - I know your post is ~ 2 years old, but I am just now on Win 7.  

Thank you for you post. I cannot afford new version and this helped tremendously.

Should have thought of this and tried it myself as  I have been a Computer Tech for 25 years. Duh! 

Thanks again!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report