Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ACA 2013 - German - Can not Include SP2 in deployment

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
alar.jost
370 Views, 3 Replies

ACA 2013 - German - Can not Include SP2 in deployment

dear supporters

i have a problem while creating a new deployment for NLM ACA 2013 German.

the SP2 won't show up on the download section - see screenshot.

whereby the subscription centre does not offer a MSP file which could be included manually.

many thanks for your suggestions in advance.

alar jost / HENN

Tags (3)
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
TravisNave
in reply to: alar.jost

I do not recommend installing with the SP included anyway.  What is the problem?

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 3 of 4
alar.jost
in reply to: TravisNave

hi travis,

thank you for your reply.

we have around 300 staff where we frequently install new PCs & Laptops.

therefore i'd prefer to have a "as complete as possible" deplyoment for installation instead of running a ACA installation plus a SP2 afterwards.

however, the SP2 won't show up in the deployment preparation of a german ACA, only SP1 does.

would you know why?

best

alar

Message 4 of 4
TravisNave
in reply to: alar.jost

You can manually download the SP2 and then extract the MSP with the /e switch.  Then apply it to your deployment.  Just keep in mind that you substantially increase the risk of a 1603 installer error with the service pack deployed at the same time.  You also make it impossible to install additional verticals of AutoCAD on the same machine by doing this.

The following distribution method applies only to administrative images created with the Deployment wizard. After you complete these procedures, subsequent deployments of your product will include this Service Pack.

In all cases, append this Service Pack to the deployment. The only time it is appropriate to merge the Service Pack is if you intend to distribute the deployment through a group policy object.

The patch (Service Pack) file that you download contains an MSP (Microsoft Patch) file, which you extract from the executable file using the /e (extract) switch. For an example of the syntax, see step 2, below.

1. From the Autodesk Product Support website, download the Service Pack EXE file to your local computer.
  2. On the Start menu (Windows), click Run. Enter the following information and click OK.

<local_drive:>\<patch_name> /e <local_drive:>\< patch_name>.msp

3. Insert the Autodesk media and launch setup.exe.
  4. Select Create Deployments. Click Next.
  5. On the Begin Deployment page, in the Specify the Deployment Location box, enter the shared network location where you would like to create an administrative image, or click Browse to find a location. Users install the product from this location.
  6. In the Specify a Deployment Name box, enter the name for your deployment.
  7. Continue through the Deployment wizard, open and configure the deployment in the product configuration page, click Add to find the Service Pack extracted in Step 2. Notice that the Service Pack has been added in the Include Service Pack(s) from local drive or local network box. Close and return to the product list.
  8. Follow the instructions in the Deployment wizard to complete the Service Pack deployment.

Note: When the AutoCAD Architecture Service Pack is included in a deployment, the deployment will install the Service Pack without update files for Autodesk Sync.

Note: The extraction of MSP from the service pack executable requires VC++ runtime redistributable 2010. Please make sure it is installed before extracting the MSP file.

Again, I stress that I do not recommend doing this process, but I am providing this information to you as a courtesy.

http://images.autodesk.com/adsk/files/autocad_architecture_2013_sp2_deu.htm

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report