Installation & Licensing

Contributor
Message 11 of 14 (2,772 Views)

Re: A valid license could not be obtained by the network license manager. [0.0.0

01-09-2011 05:21 PM in reply to: cclincu

Evenin' Travis -

Did you ever get the solution?  I have the same problem, but haven't found the answer.  So far removing the cascade.cas file has not been a solution.

Thanks.

Scott

*Expert Elite*
TravisNave
Message 12 of 14 (2,756 Views)

Re: A valid license could not be obtained by the network license manager. [0.0.0

01-10-2011 02:50 PM in reply to: scott.mccoy

Other causes of the 0.0.0 besides the corrupt CascadeInfo.cas file are:

1.  You don't have the right license file or the NLM is not functing properly  - Check that your NLM is running and that your licenses are available.  Check the debug.log for any errors on the server

2.  The date and time are not in sync between the client and the server.  Please make sure everything matches, including daylight savings time.

For more detailed information about the CascadeInfo.cas file, please refer to the Autodesk Support Knowledge Base article found here:

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?linkID=9240617&id=13894457&siteID=123112

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                       Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave
Message 13 of 14 (656 Views)

License cound not be obtained. Please contact your Dealer

04-17-2013 10:40 AM in reply to: w_ayne

I have an archaic version of both Inventor and Mech Desktop I purchased in 2002. Now using Windows 7 and having recently decided to retire from the workforce where I last used Inv/Autocad 2013, I have no need for bells/whistles that can't be done by the older version of R6.

My suite came w 2 discs. Mech Desktop prompt asked for an authorization code that I typed in. I was successful in opening and using Mech Desktop.

Loading Inventor first, though, DID NOT prompt for an authorization code. I called locally and in turned was transferred to the 800-551-1490 authorization department and was told my version is at a current level and I have authorization to use this.

HOWEVER, altho I can open Mech Desktop which I never used and disliked years ago, I CAN NOT open Inventor for the immediate prompt is: License could not be obtained. Please contact your Dealer.

Under properties I can prompt that Inv open from anything from Windows 95 to Windows 7. I reset it to be compatable with 2000. That should not affect the opening prompt to consult the dealer.

I have no desire to purchase new software when even this older version could work fine for home projects. yet I have not found one person yet to assist with suggesting what to do for my correcting my load on problem. I can not see buying additional software either.

Is there a solution? What can I do to bypass teh License could not be obtained message?

Thanks!

*Expert Elite*
TravisNave
Message 14 of 14 (650 Views)

Re: License cound not be obtained. Please contact your Dealer

04-17-2013 02:23 PM in reply to: anothertsc
Your version of Inventor is not supported on Windows 7. You might be able to download XP Mode for Windows 7 from Microsoft still. If so, that might be your best bet. The old licensing system simply is problematic on the new OS.
Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                       Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Welcome to the new Autodesk Community!
If this is your first visit, click here to get started and make the most of the Community. Let us know what you think of the new experience in the Community Feedback Forum.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Connect with Us

Twitter

Pinterest

Blog

Youtube