Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A software problem has caused Autodesk Installer to close unexpectedly.

40 REPLIES 40
Message 1 of 41
jegodwinjr
19283 Views, 40 Replies

A software problem has caused Autodesk Installer to close unexpectedly.

I am trying to install Autodesk Infrastructure Design Suite Premium 2014, and I receive the same error each time I try to install: " A software problem has caused Autodesk Installer to close unexpectedly."  I have tried installing from downloaded files and from the USB thumbdrive with the files, and the error is the same each time. I have all programs, including the virus scan, disabled or closed.  I have uninstalled AutoCad Civil 3D 2014.  None of these efforts have been succesful.  It goes no where and is locked on the intiallizing screen.  I have to use task manager to shut the whole installation down.  This was not an issue when I recently installed Civil 3D 2014 on the same computer.

the screen shot is included.  Does anyone else have a similar problem and/or know of a solution?

40 REPLIES 40
Message 41 of 41
lamsoccerchic
in reply to: jegodwinjr

I have AutoCAD architecture 2015. It has always worked with no issues on Windows 10, but Windows updated on 07.17.2017 (Update for Microsoft Windows (KB4022405)) and now AutoCad will open, works slower, but crashes if I try to use anything in the ribbon or try to open or close drawings.

The error report is "A software problem has caused AutoCAD Architecture to close unexpectedly".

The error report details are as follows:

Error signature:

• Application: AutoCAD Architecture
  • Version: 7.5.17.0
  • Error: Unhandled exception

This error report includes the following:

• Operating system name and version
  • Graphics configuration driver name and version
  • Applications that were loaded when the error occurred
  • Active command when the error occurred 
  • Computer name (if enabled via the Deployment Wizard or the CAD Manager Control utility)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report