Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A single Network Server for all High Schools

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
237 Views, 3 Replies

A single Network Server for all High Schools

Hi,

I am looking for some advice on the art of the possible in regards to AutoDesk licensing!

We have 19 High Schools who are all indiviually signed up to Autodesk for varying different products (mainly Inventor and Autocad). What I would like to do is to consolidate all the 19 High Schools onto one (virtual) Network license server.

Is this possible and does anyone out there know how to do it?

Regards,

Andy

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Darin.Green
in reply to: Anonymous

Yes, you'll need to contact your reseller and have them combine your serial numbers into one. Or, you could simply get another license file that includes all of your licenses using the MAC and PC name of that virtual machine to host all licenses. When you request this license, insure you asked them to merged the license files into one for you.

You may not need to do this depending on the virtual client used, but make sure the VM has a Static MAC address prior to putting in the request.

If this information was helpful, please consider using the Accept Solution

Message 3 of 4
Darin.Green

One more thing to think about is the possibility of bandwidth latency. If you have connection issues with some of those schools, you may need to create a timeout system variable to give the client machines more time to communicate with the license server. The variable is as follows:

Variable Name: ADSKFLEX_TIMEOUT

Variable Value: 1000000

This will give the client machine an extra second to request a license. Also, make sure the firewall has the following ports open:

27000-27009

If this information was helpful, please consider using the Accept Solution

Message 4 of 4
TravisNave

Darin is right on with his recommendations. 

I would stress the fact that being a virtual machine, you will need to hardcode the MAC addres of the virtual NIC so it does not randomly change (and invalidate your license.) 

I can attest that we run a single server for over 20 offices nationwide.  So yes, it does work.  And it works well.  As long as your clients can see the DNS name over the WAN, you should be set. 

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report