Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A question regarding license # selling on eBay / other sites...

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
aquarius62
588 Views, 3 Replies

A question regarding license # selling on eBay / other sites...

Greetings... I am already aware of the 'non-transfer' of AutoDesk licenses... I'm asking about something slightly different.

There are people on eBay (and I'm sure other sites) that are 'AutoDesk authorized resellers' who state that they are allowed to sell 'new' AutoDesk licenses (as per AutoDesk Reseller rules). A good majority of these 'licenses' are Educational, and the sellers state that they are the same except for the watermark (which they say can easily be removed).

Are these 'resellers' genuine?

Does this fall under the same issue as the transfer of licenses for 'used / second sale' products? Not allowed?

If not, someone needs to get the word out to the sites to put a stop to it.

Aquarius62

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
TravisNave
in reply to: aquarius62

I wouldn't trust any software sold on eBay.  I am surprised eBay regulations even allow it.  With the recent lawsuit won by Autodesk concerning license transfers, I don't see how it would take much effort for Autodesk to notify eBay and have then cease and desist all sales of the product on the auction site altogether.  Other companies that license merchandise do so. 

Unfortunately, it takes no effort by Autodesk to enforce it.  As soon as the unsuspecting user tries to activate the software, they are met with the stark reality that their software is useless.  You get what you pay for.  And if the offer seems too good to be true, it's because it is. 

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 3 of 4
aquarius62
in reply to: TravisNave

Hi Travis...

Yeah, I agree. The number of people on eBay selling the 'licenses' or the 'Educational' versions of the software is ridiculous.

What bothers me is that some of them state quite clearly that the banner / watermark can be removed and even state that they can tell you how to do it. That makes it sound like they're advocating 'hacking' the software to make it legal for 'commercial' use.

Aquarius62

Message 4 of 4
TravisNave
in reply to: aquarius62

Agreed.  It's deceitful.  It those kinds of people that deserve the dreaded audit. 

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report