Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3ds max installation problem

22 REPLIES 22
SOLVED
Message 1 of 23
Anonymous
56080 Views, 22 Replies

3ds max installation problem

I have big problem installing 3ds max.i am running Win7.

Attempt 1: choose 'save' option and downloaded 2 files. ran installer from desktop and entered serial number and product key. install started which seemed to go well for a few minutes and then took almost 30 minutes to move past first module (C++). Finally, downloaded several other modules and then i got error box saying 'monitor.exe'. a search showed that file is not on my machine. dismissed error and nothing lese happened.

Attempt 2: wanted a clean re-install so i uninstalled 2 C++ files and the install program (forget name but started with A...). no other files showed as uninstallable. when click on install this time box popped up so fast could not read it. went back online and tried 'run' option this time. got 'download complete', 'open autodesk 3ds max 2011 file 1 (2 of 2), 'downloading autodesk 3ds max 2011 file 1 (2 of 2)', and then 'calculating time remaining' where it hung for a half hour''

question is what next? should i remove all installed 3ds software and start over? if so, how? another approach?

please help...

mm

22 REPLIES 22
Message 21 of 23
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

this is not correct solution

Autocad failed

Message 22 of 23
Mark.Lancaster

@Anonymous

Welcome to the community..

First of all this is a 3DS Max issue posting, so what does this have to do with AutoCAD?  What is not a correct solution?  AutoCAD Failed?  So what does that mean?

In the end your posting is very generic and there's nothing that we can go on to assist you.  More details are needed.

If your AutoCAD failed to install we would need to see the actual installation log file so we can determine your root cause.   Or perhaps is just failing due to the method you're using, so download and install per:

1. Access the Autodesk Virtual Agent and follow the download links to your product.
2. Download all of the parts (some applications only have a single part to download) for your product first. Do not continue until all of the parts have fully downloaded.
3. Navigate to your download folder location and extract (double click) part _001_00X.sfx.exe (or the single file download).
4. In a few seconds the extraction will start and prompt you to extract to C:\Autodesk.
5. Once the extraction is finished, the installation will automatically start.
6. Follow the installation steps for your product

However if the installation does fail using this method, please post your installation log file here so we can review it.  Posting info: Sometimes installation log files contain personal information such as your serial #.  Prior to posting your log file please make sure to remove such info.

Mark Lancaster

&  Autodesk Services MarketPlace Provider

Autodesk Inventor Certified Professional & not an Autodesk Employee

Likes is much appreciated if the information I have shared is helpful to you and/or others

Did this resolve your issue? Please accept it "As a Solution" so others may benefit from it.

Message 23 of 23
formwerkzitadmin

Hi all

i got error Msg when install 2018 3ds max. Anyone advice.

Error Msg 

Autodesk 3ds max 2018 

The installer has detected that the following programs are running 

server.exe

in order to complete installations these programs must be closed 

choose ok to proceed with installation 

choose cancel to halt the installation 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report