Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 4
cybermew
10776 Views, 3 Replies

3ds max 2012 trial

I have been unsuccessful trying to get the download link to 3ds max 2012 trial. The website only has 2013, but I am looking for 2012. Am I missing something?

Tags (1)
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
camilo.lemos
in reply to: cybermew

Hi cybermew and welcome to our community!

The 2012 version of 3ds Max is no longer being sold by Autodesk nor by our authorized resellers, therefore the trial download for the 2012 product has been pulled from our website. I have created a temporary download link (available for the next 48 hours) for you below for 3ds Max 2012 in case that's the version you absolutely need, but I should mention again that you will no longer be able to purchase it.

3ds Max 2012 - 32 & 64 bits - English

Let me know if you need any further assistance with this issue or simply hit the "Accept as Solution" button if this post completely answers your question.

Thanks,

Camilo Lemos

Message 3 of 4
cybermew
in reply to: camilo.lemos

I installed it fine, then I manually installed Service Pack 2, since there are no updates button in the application. http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=17826382&linkID=9241178

After updating, I now have this error when starting 3ds max

--------------------------- 3dsmax.exe - System Error ---------------------------

The program can't start because api-ms-win-core-registry-l1-1-0.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem.

--------------------------- OK   ---------------------------

But dismissing this error works fine now. Previously the release says 14.0 trial, now it says 14.0 SP2 trial. I would like to know why the update created the error.

Seeing that, I tried to installed the product update 6, which was released recently and I thought that would fixed the problem: http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=19259251&linkID=9241178. It got me to 14.0 SP3 trial, and unfortunately it didn't solve the error.

How do we solve this?

Message 4 of 4
karen_reed24
in reply to: camilo.lemos

hello i was to looking for a 3ds max 2012 trial because i have windows vista business and was wondering if you can help find it please

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report