Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3ds max 2012 on a removable HDD - can't remove registry info

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
besthsq
2723 Views, 5 Replies

3ds max 2012 on a removable HDD - can't remove registry info

I installed 3ds max earlier on a portable hard drive.

Now that the disk was reformatted and the software executables are gone.

When I try to uninstall from the windows "remove programs" window, the uninstaller cannot be run.

So tried to remove its traces by deleting "Autodesk" related stuff in registry and %APPDATA%.

And when I run the installer again it tells me 3ds max 2012 is installed. But it is really NOT installed.

How do I cleanup a 3ds max installation? Please help! I don't want to have to reinstall my system.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
nicodeneef
in reply to: besthsq
Message 3 of 6
besthsq
in reply to: nicodeneef

Thanks for the response!

Here is what I did:

Run every uninstaller in "Add or Remove Programs"

Deleted every "autodesk" folder in Program Files, Program Files (x86), Common Files, APPDATA.

Deleted Autodesk registry in software and even in Wow6432Node in both CURRENT_USER and LOCAL_MACHINE.

I rerun the installer, it still tells me that 3ds max is installed...wierd.

Message 4 of 6
TravisNave

Installation problems may be resolved using the Microsoft Installer Clean Up Utility. For more information on this program, please my forum post here:

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Installation-Licensing/Microsoft-Installer-Clean-Up-Utility-for-Add-Re...

For more information on the Autodesk KB Support article concerning the clean uninstall of Autdoesk products, see this link:

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=2887771&linkID=9240617

You should take extreme caution when using the MSICUU2 file in Windows 7 as it can result in a 1402 error on subsequent installs.  That problem can be fixed in the registry as well.  Please read my entire post on this issue carefully.  It is recommended that you try the clean uninstall process listed by Autodesk first. 

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 5 of 6
besthsq
in reply to: TravisNave

Thank you

So the Microsoft Installer Cleaner Utility worked. I was just unable to obtain one copy.

Message 6 of 6
justml

I have the same problem here. Is still tell me that the 3dsmax 2012 is installed when i already did unistall and delete all the register from regedit.

I tryed the Microsoft Installer Cleaner Utility but  0 result. it didn't found nothing about the 3ds max 2012.

What should i do? i don't want to use the 2013 version, because a lot of scripts and plug-in will dont work.

The only chance is to reinstall the system.. but i don't want.

Thanks!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report