Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3ds max 2011 activation problem: The serial number you entered is not valid (1)

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
lgarciamu
1667 Views, 2 Replies

3ds max 2011 activation problem: The serial number you entered is not valid (1)

We are trying to activate our Autodesk license for 3ds max  2011 but I am getting this error when I choose the "connect now and activate" option: The serial number you entered is not valid. Try again. (1).

This serial number was previously installed in another computer. We tried to export the license in the original machine using License Transfer Utility but it was impossible. Same "serial number not valid" error.

Finally we uninstalled the software in the original machine and installed it in the new one, trying to activate again and obtaining this error...

Could you help us with this?

Thanks in advance.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
philip.s
in reply to: lgarciamu

Hi Luis,

I would be more than happy to look into this if you could please send me a Private Message (click on my philip.s profile name and then "Send this user a private message") with your serial number.

Generally, the most common cause that a license won't work with the LTU and or activate with the invalid serial number error, is because it has been upgraded per a subscription contract that has since expired / is no longer valid.

Any one that finds themselves in a similar situation can also contact our License Assistance team for direct support.

Message 3 of 3
lgarciamu
in reply to: philip.s

Thanks Phillips. You have a private message with our license details.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report