Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3ds max 2011 Hotfix 4 error

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
rezoloot
1279 Views, 3 Replies

3ds max 2011 Hotfix 4 error

When I install 2011 max on to my machine, all is well, as soon as I apply the hotfix 4, all four of my veiwports turn black, the user interface remains grey and can still load, but cannot see anything even though I can click in the veiw ports and see, the mesh drop down activate for modelling, nothing is visible.

I am using windows 7 on a quad core and have checked that my hardware is up to date, I have di-o-matic and am thinking maybe that has something to do with it, when I first start it up, it gives me the reset to default ui, then when I answer yes or no, have tried everal dufferent ways, it simply turns the viewports black, grrrrr

Please help, have resorted to the original and do not intend to service pack the software or update till theres another fix for the fix lol

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Bundygirl
in reply to: rezoloot

I just downloaded the free trial OF 3DS MAX  design 2011 AND CANNOT SEE ANYTHING CREATED IN THE VIEWPORTS.  They are gray and sometimes turn black.  Please explain what I am doing wrong...or is this some type of software glitch.  Thx

Message 3 of 4
djayaputra
in reply to: rezoloot

i get this error when i tried to install hotfix 4 for my 3ds max 2011 64 bit

"the upgrade patch cannot be installed by the windows installer because the program to be upgraded may be missing, or the upgrade patch may update a different version of the program. Verify that the program to be upgraded exist on your computer and that you have the correct upgrade pacth."

i was hoping this patch can resolve 3ds max 2011 problem with:

-snaps suddenly not working

-jittery viewport

-when i tried to transform (move) objects, suddenly it jumps to different location than i intended

Message 4 of 4
rogue3d
in reply to: djayaputra

I get the same error when trying to install the hotfix and I also have an issue with snaps not working.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report