Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3ds Max update to 2014 for students

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
Shrike025
634 Views, 5 Replies

3ds Max update to 2014 for students

Hello,

I have on my computer educational version of 3ds Max 2012. I'm wondering, if it's possible to update it to 2014 free 3-year license for students. There's an option to download only full 3ds Max 2014 (no update). I've tried to download it and install in many different ways, but I've got just a lot of errors.

Should I deinstall 2012 first and than install 2014? Or, can I download update to 2014 instead of full version from somewhere else and use my student product key there? I'm affraid of ending up without any version of 3ds Max (because of the installation crashes) that's why I prefer updating to deinstallaton.

Jacek

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
DarrenP
in reply to: Shrike025

2014 doesn't install over 2012 its a separate installation

so no you don't  need to uninstall 2012 to install 2014

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 6
DarrenP
in reply to: DarrenP

you can download 2014 from here

You can access most current + previous supported version Browser Download links (including the Design & Creation Suites) through Matt, Autodesks Virtual Assistant. http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=21889745&linkID=9240617
or from the education community

DarrenP
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 4 of 6
Shrike025

Thank you for your reply. I'll try to install 2014 once again then, as everything should work fine.

Message 5 of 6
Shrike025

Ok, everything went fine, thanks again.

Message 6 of 6
DarrenP

your welcome

DarrenP

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report