Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3ds Max installation error, corrupt file

26 REPLIES 26
Message 1 of 27
overThinker
6857 Views, 26 Replies

3ds Max installation error, corrupt file

I have 3ds max installed fine on a desktop computer I don't currently have access to. I have been trying to download and install it onto a different computer, both have Windows XP. The download completes but when I try to install I get an error that a file is corrupt, the installation cannot continue and that I must download a fresh copy. "CRC failed in Support\ADSKMaterials\ILM\Common~1.cab" I re downloaded 3ds max 2011 3 times, and the same error of a file being corrupt everytime with no hint at that while it's downloading. I realized that the 2012 version was available so I tried downloading that instead but still got a similar file corrupt error(I didn't take note if it was the same file or not).

I'm very frustrated and have found no solutions online and have no idea if it's something wrong with the computer I'm on, my account with autodesk or what.

26 REPLIES 26
Message 2 of 27
david.lau
in reply to: overThinker

Download using Firefox and Browser download instead of using the Download Manager.

David Lau
Message 3 of 27
erinkopach

Similar problem?

CRC failed in x64\DirectConnect\odbxcore19glob.msm.cab 

Tried with several different browsers chrome, opera, firefox; from versions 3DS max 2011 - 2013 all had the same error code while installing.

Tried on two different computers.

Message 4 of 27
TravisNave
in reply to: erinkopach

Problems downloading the Autodesk software and/or CRC errors may be avoided by using another web browser, or using the alternate browser download method.

For more detailed information on this process, please see the following blog post tip here:

http://upandready.typepad.com/up_and_ready/2011/08/downloading-software-browser-download-vs-download...

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 5 of 27
rickmattox
in reply to: TravisNave

I have the same issue. Admin on, no AV. Mutliple computers, 2 different ISPs, 4 different browsers and at least 12 attempts. There are always corrupt files. I am thinking that the problem isn't on my end.

I tried the 3rd party software and I defintiely do not advise using it.

Has anyone actually solved this that has had the issue?

Message 6 of 27
philip.s
in reply to: rickmattox

Welcome to the community Rick!

Do you have the ability to download the software / .exe onto another computer and transfer over? Have you tried one of the alternative download methods (Install Now or Download Now)?

Message 7 of 27
rickmattox
in reply to: rickmattox

I have tried another computer to no avail. I have tried all listed alternate methods.

Rick

Richard Mattox, Customer Service Manager
Beaven Insurance & Financial Services
CA Ins Lic # 0E53129
office: 661-272-9488
fax: 661-272-1162
rickmattox@allstate.com

We love referrals! Ask me about our referral program!
Message 8 of 27

HERE IS WHAT I DID AND IT WORKED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! its a really pain in the butt but it worked for me. 

Now before i start i have to say, i am not responsible for anything that could happen to your computer or anything. I take no responsiblity. But before you do what i suggest, try something easier. Try to just uninstall your Microsoft.Net framework out of your control panel - uninstall a program and then reinstall. If that doesnt work then try this youtube video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wf8YTe_4HQ0 and if that doenst work then go on reading about what i suggest. Because what i have found out is that my microsoft.net framework will not get off my computer. its not installed but the files are there and will not get deleted no matter how hard i tried. So if your having a lot of trouble like i did. THen here you go!! Hope everything works. If you have any more troubles. Feel free to send me a message on youtube. (the only way i can think of not getting spammed) my username is jamesbones626 on youtube 

Okay so it says that your missing a file. The LiteHTML.dll file or whatever .dll file it is. It will say it cannot find the *&&*DKjfdkjf^%$$ in the C:\.......

1. Go to the exact file location of the .dll that is missing. So if it says C:\User\windows\example.dll then go trough those exact files dont skip ahead or around or anything

2. Go to this website www.dll-files.com and download the ZIP FILE ONLY dont download the the dll file fixer. All that does is put the file whre it needs to go and thats not where we want it to go.

3. unzip the new file you have the .dll file and drag it to the file location where the error message said it couldnt find it. So in my earlier example it would be the C:\User\windows\example.dll/ you will drop it there.

4. just to be safe to go C:\windows\system32 and put that .dll file in there too. it wont hurt it just helps.

5 do a quick restart on your computer and YOUR DONE 🙂 everything should work now BUT 

when i was doing this for the 3ds max that i was installing, i got another error message for another .dll file and i had to do the same exact thing with that dll file. So if you get another message like that then do the same thing\

SIDE NOTE for the amdlpit.dll file~~~

also when i was doing this after both my dll files were there i got to the enter a key part and then it said i was missing the admlpit.dll (i dont know if it was that exact file) but im pretty sure this is the activation code file that stores the code to make sure you enter the right one. so if that pops up just quit the instal and try it again. If it does it a second time then go on that website in step 2 and go get that dll file that is missing. Now the folder that you need to put it in is hard to find so just type in in manuelly and it will work. Then pu that dll file where it belongs. Restart the installer and whala! your good everything should work now just do your install and your all set. 

Message 9 of 27

Go down to my post! The solution i tired worked
Message 10 of 27
jamesbones62622
in reply to: david.lau

Im not sure why but some of the .dll files that are coming in the downloads are corrupt and the only way is to replace them so i think the autodesk company should work on replacing those files for us. Please and thank you. IT took me 2 days straight and no help from microsoft or no possible way to contact autodesk to do this
Message 11 of 27
jamesbones62622
in reply to: philip.s

IT wont download because there are at least 2 .dll files that i noticed that are corrupt. and the activation file
Message 12 of 27

Try to go online and just google that file the odbxcore19glob.msm.cab file and download that file and replace it with the one thats in the direct connect folder. That should do the trick. any time you get a missing or corrupt file error just go download that same file and replace it.
Message 13 of 27

i have tried this and i come to find out that the physical file that is download has at least 2 corrupt files in it. Most likely a combination between someones microsoft.net framework and the actual file that was downloaded. The file becomes corrupt or already is when downloaded. So you just have to go download the missing or corrupt file and replace it.
Message 14 of 27

go look at my reply the long step by step. the solution is pretty universal with file types. I talk about .dll files in my reply but you can use the same concept for any file type
Message 15 of 27
chrismendle

I have this same issue. I tried browser download because installer download never worked. I've done browser download in both Chrome and Firefox, the files are always corrupted.

Message 16 of 27
TravisNave
in reply to: chrismendle

I would recommend that you try downloading your product using the virtual assistant by following the directions here:

http://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad/troubleshooting/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/How-to-...

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 17 of 27
chrismendle
in reply to: TravisNave

That works, thanks! Unfortunately I get a first run error like I have with my other Autodesk programs (Maya LT, Mudbox) although those downloaded correctly this first time. Google shows this is a common occurence and I posted about it in another thread.

I'll add that none of this happened when I installed this software on my old computer last year.

Message 18 of 27
jessica.t
in reply to: chrismendle

Hi @chrismendle,

Apologies for the error! Try the steps below to rectify the issue:

• In the preferences or options area of your preferred browser, remove pop-up blockers and allow access to all *autodesk.com sites.
  • In the preferences or options area of your preferred browser, delete cookies, temporary internet files, and history.
  • Turn off your personal firewall or VPN, if you use one.
  • Disable UAC
  • Close and reopen your preferred browser.
  • Re-download from the Virtual Agent

If the problem persists please reply to this post with further details. Thank you!

Jessica Thrasher
Message 19 of 27
chrismendle
in reply to: jessica.t

Thanks. I have tried all that. Except I am currently behind a physical firewall so I will try installing later when I am not. It's no longer a downloading issue as Virtual Assistant worked for 3dsmax - oher Autodesk programs were ok - but I can't install any of them.

Message 20 of 27
chrismendle
in reply to: jessica.t

It's a first run error. I am running Windows 8. Thanks.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report