Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3ds Max Installation Error

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
AntonioRanieri
230 Views, 1 Reply

3ds Max Installation Error

I'm a student in college and I needed 3ds Max so I went to the Education section and got validated as a student. I selected 3ds Max 2012, the language, and my operating system and downloaded it to my computer. When I ran the installer, it got through the first step but then a the set-up window popped up to complete the install, but I got an error message. A picture of the error message is attached on this post. I tried to re-install and set-up numerous times but only to get the same error. I've looked on the internet and on forums to try to find the problem I'm having but I can't seem to find it. Any help would be appreciated.

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
jessica.t
in reply to: AntonioRanieri

Hello there!

This type of error can be tricky and tough to troubleshoot because a true error message doesn't display. To start, would you mind looking through this work solution on how to prepare your system for Autodesk software installation.

If that doesn't resolve the issue please reply to this post with your installation log. Be sure to let me know how it goes. Thanks!

Jessica Thrasher

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report