Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3ds Max Design 2013 Insatallatioan Fails

12 REPLIES 12
Message 1 of 13
drblack
8046 Views, 12 Replies

3ds Max Design 2013 Insatallatioan Fails

I have attached the setup log for anyone that knows what any of that means. 

Below is what it basically says:

2012/4/20:10:15:55    Dan    MACHV    === Setup started on MACHV by Dan ===
2012/4/20:10:15:55    Dan    MACHV    Launch
2012/4/20:10:15:58    Dan    MACHV    PageOpen    LaunchDialog        
2012/4/20:10:16:37    Dan    MACHV    PageOpen    LicenseDialog        
2012/4/20:10:16:39    Dan    MACHV    PageOpen    ProductInfoDialog        
2012/4/20:10:17:06    Dan    MACHV    PageOpen    ProductSelectionDialog2        
2012/4/20:10:17:08    Dan    MACHV    PageOpen    FullProgressDialog        
2012/4/20:10:17:08    Dan    MACHV    Installing Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 Redistributable (x86): C:\Autodesk\Autodesk_3ds_Max_Design_2013_EFGKJS_Win_64bit

\3rdParty\x86\VCRedist\2005SP1ATL\vcredist_x86.exe /q:a /T:F:\Windows\temp /c:"VCREDI~3.EXE /q:a /c:""msiexec /i vcredist.msi /qn /l*v C:\Users\Dan\AppData

\Local\Temp\vcredist_x86_2005.log"" "
2012/4/20:10:17:09    Dan    MACHV    Install    Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 Redistributable (x86)    Failed    Installation aborted,

Result=1603

Tags (3)
12 REPLIES 12
Message 2 of 13
TravisNave
in reply to: drblack

Install    Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 Redistributable (x86)    Failed    Installation aborted

Your product is failing to install because the prerequiste program required by the installer is newer than the version being installed. Please uninstall the prerequisite program causing the issue and run your installer again.

For more information about this process, please see my KB link here:

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Installation-Licensing/Some-Products-Fail-to-Install-Result-1603/td-p/...

Good Luck!

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 3 of 13
drblack

Thanks for the reply.  Problem...when I try to uninstall the prerequistie program I get a Windows Installer error message -

"The Windows Installer Service could not be accessed.  This can occur if the Windows Installer is not correctly installed.  Contact your support personnel for assistance."

I cannot seem to make an headway.

Message 4 of 13
TravisNave

Yikes, sounds like you're having all kinds of fun.  See if you can update/reinstall the Windows Installer:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/942288

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 5 of 13
drblack
in reply to: TravisNave

Yeah having a great old time here.

I tried installing the new installer but I get an error message that the update is not applicable to my computer.  I have Win 7 x64 and I believe I am running the correct file.  Just to make sure, I downloaded and trried to install each of the versions listed, all of which gave back that same error message except one (WindowsServer2003-KB942288-v4-x64.exe) which came back saying that I dont have enought storage space.  I admit my C drive only has 5GB of storage left, but that should be enough. 

Not sure where to go from here.

Message 6 of 13
TravisNave

You'll need a considerable amount of space because of temporary install files.  You might move your virtual memory swap file to another hard drive if you have one.  That'll free up some considerable space.  Also delete everything in your %TEMP% folder. 

Autodesk Forums:
Message 7 of 13
drblack

where do I find the specific temp folder you are describing?

Message 8 of 13
TravisNave

It's different on everyone's machine.  In the run box on the Start menu, simply type %TEMP% and hit Enter.  You can safely delete all these files.  There might be gigs of crap in there.  Windows doesn't clean up after itself too well.  Clean it often.  Heck, lots of problems can be resolved simply by cleaning this folder out.  Corrupt files get stuck there and prevent normal things from happening.

You can safely delete files from any TEMP folder.  Even C:\Windows\Temp.  I recommend it.

Autodesk Forums:
Message 9 of 13
drblack

I deleted everything and have about 6GB free now, but still get the same message.  I tried to install another small program to test installations in general and get the same windows installer error message.

Now I cannot install or uninstall anything

Message 10 of 13
DarrenP

you may have to redo your machine then your windows OS is becoming corrupt

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 11 of 13
TravisNave

I agree with Darren.  It sounds like your Windows is in pretty bad shape.

Autodesk Forums:
Message 12 of 13
drblack

Can I do that without having to reinstall all of my programs?

Message 13 of 13
DarrenP

you can try to repair the OS with the OS disk not guaranteed to work other option is to reformat your hard drive and start from scatch

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report