Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 1
refchem
209 Views, 0 Replies

3ds Max 2014

To Whom it May Concern,

When uninstalling 3ds Max or any suite that contains 3ds Max it would seem that you need to run the Microsoft Fixit Uninstall utility to get a clean uninstall.

Backstory.

The company I work for has 45 seats of Acad Mech on subscriptions, 15 seats of Acad Elec on subscriptions, and 4 seats of Infrustructure design suite aslo on subscriptions. We also have a bunch of navisworks simulate, and vault. Basically 300k+ worth of software with Autodesk.

I have been a supporter and user of Autocad since 1984 (vrs 9 on dos)

We recently got Autided and were found not in compliance because of the 4 seats of Infrustructure design suites 2 showed over installation on 2 machines. In the audit reconceliation file that Autodesk provided it shows that the only product that was shown to be over installed was 3ds Max (part of Infrustructure design suite). We had a couple of users leave and new ones come on board so we had to uninstall and re-install on new machines. Apparently during the uninstallation the 3ds max (which by the way we dont even use) leaves residual files that get pinged in an audit. I have provided prove from the software logs of both offending machines that the software was uninstalled, yet it showed up on the Audit. We never had more than 4 installs and 4 users at the same time.

Now we are being forced to either by more licenses or the equiviliant in software. Autodesk has become such a powerhouse that they have zero care in the world about thier customers. and in my 30 years using autodesk products I agree its time to look elseware. If you are an analyst working with autodesk and you know about this case, please contact me and give me some insite. Maybe I don't have all the proper information. I would love to be able to come back to this and say "I WAS WRONG".

I just want everyone to be aware.

Thanks,

Dwayne

0 REPLIES 0

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report