Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3ds Max 2014 activation problem blank screen windows 8

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
DirkvanC
1398 Views, 3 Replies

3ds Max 2014 activation problem blank screen windows 8

Hi There,

My son uses 3ds max 2014 (student license)(SP5)  on his windows 8 64bit laptop. When activation didn't work as expected he simply used it all through the trial period hoping that the problem would go away, or that his dad would fix it. Well dad tried and tried... but nothing worked.

My first thought was that it had something to do with IE10 security settings so I de-installed IE10 only to find out that in win8 it is not possible to downgrade to IE9... I've tried every solution I could find on-line but like I said nothing worked. My son needs the program for school (he's studing to be  a game designer) and now he can't use it and he's starting to show signs of a mild panic... That'll teach him! But it would be nice if we could get your software to run the way you intended it to run! Is there a fix, a workaround or maybe a patch that would solve this inconvenience?

Thanks in advance!

Dirk van Coevorden

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
jessica.t
in reply to: DirkvanC

Hi Dirk and welcome to the Autodesk Community!

Please take a look at this solution to see if the troubleshooting laid out in this thread resolves the issue.

Please "Accept as a Solution" if this post resolves your issue so that others with this same question can more easily find an answer. If not, could you please provide your computer specifications?

Thank you!

Jessica Thrasher
Message 3 of 4
DirkvanC
in reply to: jessica.t

Hi Jessica,

Thanks for the help and the welcome! After days of struggling with this problem you've finally pointed me in the right direction and I managed to fix this issue! It seems to have been a combination of different factors. Here's alist of things that I've done...

1. Add "<!-- saved from url=(0016)http://localhost -->" in all HTML Files (RTBeginReg etc., too.)!
  2. Looked into the "Internet Zone" - allthing is ok, have looked up in the Registry, everything is how it should be
  3. Enabled the options pertaining to ActiveX ontrols and java scripting (enabled all other Options too, for secure if i would enable the false one!)
  4. Manually registered jscript.dll & vbscript.dll - both where ok
  5. Internet Explorer 10 deactivated in the Control Panel under Programs & Functions - Windows Functions activate / deactivate => Internet Explorer 10.
  6. Even though Macaffee was never installed in this machine I ran the removal tool that was mentioned in one of the posts because it corrects certain registry settings if they're not correct. I don't know if it's part of the solution, but still worth mentioning 😉
  7. System Reboot.
  8. Disabled the Windows Firewall.
  9. Disabled Antivirus Software (Avast)

And it worked....

The Laptop is a Medion Akoya P7818 Running on MS Windows 8 OEM version (no built-info, nor servicepack info)

The Antivirus software is Avast Free

Thanks for helping and I hope this solution will help others fix their problems!!

Message 4 of 4
jessica.t
in reply to: DirkvanC

Thank you so much for sharing! I'm sure other users will be extremely appreciative! Smiley Happy

Jessica Thrasher

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report