Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3ds Max 2013 Student closes while initializing

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
MaximumTurtles
518 Views, 4 Replies

3ds Max 2013 Student closes while initializing

I recently downloaded 3ds max 2013 student version, and I had been running it very well (no problems) for about a week. One day I tried to open the program, and instead of starting normally, it showed the loading screen, with the usual message sayin that it is  'initializing 3ds max..' then after about half a second closes. There are no error messages to report, the program simply closes.

I have tried restarting my computer, and I have tried running both regular and change graphics mode as an administrator. I have tried installing the product update 6, but the update fails with the message

"The file 'fil9F1CB3CDF665ED850448018FA40D2269' cannot be installed because the file cannot be found in cabinet file 'PCW_CAB_TEST'. This could indicate a network error, an error reading from the CD_ROM, or a problem with this package."

I have Windows 64 bit with a 3.2 GHz processor, 4 gigs of RAM, and a single video card (NVIDIA GeForce GTX 550 Ti).

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
asburyj
in reply to: MaximumTurtles

Hi there and welcome to the forum. Have you tried a system restore to a time when the product was still working?

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows7/products/features/system-restore

If that doesn't work I would suggest you try and reinstall of the product. 

Jeffry Asbury
Message 3 of 5
MaximumTurtles
in reply to: asburyj

The system restore did not fix the issue. This is the second computer I have installed 3ds Max on, and I believe the student version of 3ds Max only allows two instillation of the product. If I uninstall the program, will I be able to re install it?
Message 4 of 5
asburyj
in reply to: MaximumTurtles

If it's on the same system it doesn't matter. IF you are switching to a new computer you should use the license transfer utility.

http://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad/troubleshooting/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/How-to-...

Jeffry Asbury
Message 5 of 5
MaximumTurtles
in reply to: asburyj

I did it, and that did the trick. Sorry for the late reply, I hadn't got a chance to do it for a few days.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report