Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3ds Max 2013 Installation Problem

36 REPLIES 36
Message 1 of 37
klepow
6648 Views, 36 Replies

3ds Max 2013 Installation Problem

Hi,

I have some problem with installation, and i can't solve it by myself.

This is the issue - I started to install  http://img707.imageshack.us/img707/6905/installation1.jpg and after few seconds it shows this http://img688.imageshack.us/img688/7938/installation2.jpg

I even have nothing to clutch to fix it - none error msg or anything like that :<

Of course I tried to run Setup.exe file as administrator - without any changes.

Please feel free to ask for everything which can help You solve the problem.

Thanks in advance.

Pawel

36 REPLIES 36
Message 2 of 37
TravisNave
in reply to: klepow

Post the installation log file in that link. 

Your product is failing to install because the prerequiste program required by the installer is newer than the version being installed. Please uninstall the prerequisite program causing the issue and run your installer again.

For more information about this process, please see my KB link here:

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Installation-Licensing/Some-Products-Fail-to-Install-Result-1603/td-p/...

Good Luck!

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 3 of 37
leven9leven
in reply to: TravisNave

When i try to install 3ds Max after about 10 mins it fails to download in the middle of downloading. Any ideas? please help!!

Tags (3)
Message 4 of 37
TravisNave
in reply to: leven9leven

Try downloading the trial.

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 5 of 37
leven9leven

What is a prerequsite?? 

Message 6 of 37
leven9leven

i get the 1603 error as well but i dont know what a prerequisite is. There for cant uninstall it

Message 7 of 37
TravisNave

A program required to be installed before you can install the main
application.

Autodesk Forums:
Message 8 of 37
leven9leven

A;right so if i have microsoft Visual C++ that is from 2005 i should uninstall it? You are the best dude.

Message 9 of 37
TravisNave

Post your log file.

Autodesk Forums:
Message 10 of 37
leven9leven

Alirght let me find it

Message 11 of 37
TravisNave

Depends on where the failure is, my man. Your log file will state the
problematic version.

Autodesk Forums:
Message 12 of 37
leven9leven

Alright here it is

Message 13 of 37
leven9leven

your still here right? please dont leave!

Message 14 of 37
TravisNave

Yes. But I'm driving so I can't open the file right now. Gimme a few...

Autodesk Forums:
Message 15 of 37
leven9leven

=D Yeah. ill be waiting. Dont type and drive. Dangerous.

Message 16 of 37
TravisNave

The problem is .NET Framework 4.0.  This could be failing if you are attempting to install on Windows 8 or Vista.  Neither are supported.  If you are on Win XP or Windows 7, simply uninstall the .NET 4 in your Control Panel > Programs.  Then reinstall Max.  If it still fails, you might need to manually install it and then remove the check for the prereq.  Very difficult to do.

Autodesk Forums:
Message 17 of 37
leven9leven

Alright ill try that

Message 18 of 37
leven9leven

Im going to try and reinstall Max right now

Message 19 of 37
leven9leven
in reply to: klepow

ok now im trying it my computer had to restart because of the .net 4.0 removal

Message 20 of 37
TravisNave

Sounds good.

Autodesk Forums:

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report