Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3ds Max 2012, 64bit crashing every time I load it. Help!!!!

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
344 Views, 3 Replies

3ds Max 2012, 64bit crashing every time I load it. Help!!!!

I was working on a an animation when my surge protector shut off and shut off my computer. Now, when I try to reload Max it crashes every time without a specific error. It just says there's a problem loading. I was going to try reinstalling and I have the serial/product key and all that but I no longer have the installation files and Autodesk no longer has them on their site. I need to get this resolved asap. What do I do? Please help!

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
jeffrey.sin
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi Jason and welcome to the Community,

In this case, it may be best to uninstall and reinstall the program as what you mentioned. To help get you started, here is the link to download the Autodesk 3ds Max 2012 installer for Windows 64-bit:

Autodesk 3ds Max 2012

Regards,

Jeffrey Sin

Autodesk Customer Support
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous

Hi. Thanks for the quick response. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling it twice and it's still crashing every time. It's not happening on any of my other programs. I'm trying a system restore but if that doesn't work I have no idea what to do next.

Message 4 of 4
Anonymous

Okay, system restore sort of worked. Max itself will open but only after I get a ton of missing dll messages and then the files I need to access won't work. What do I do? Should I reinstall? Please help!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report