Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3ds Max 2011 "Software License Checkout Failed Error 20"

23 REPLIES 23
Message 1 of 24
Shad0wforce
72730 Views, 23 Replies

3ds Max 2011 "Software License Checkout Failed Error 20"

I just upgraded to Windows 7 and I've been trying to re-install Autodesk 3ds Max 2011 (32-bit). Everytime I install the program first of all the icon in the Start menu that is supposed to say "Autodesk 3ds Max 2011" (or something along those lines) says "Change Graphical Settings" instead.

Not only that, but when I try to open the program in any way the loading screen will start going then a few moments into the loading process a window wil pop up saying "Software License Checkout Failed: Error 20", then the program just quits on me.

I've tried uninstalling the program completely and reinstalling it but nothing seems to be working for me.

If anyone can help me get this program working properly I will be eternally grateful because I really need this program in order to do my work.

23 REPLIES 23
Message 21 of 24
heerenpan23
in reply to: K4RL02

can u please exactly tell where the location of this file might be?

I've tried searching everywhere on my computer regarding what you said!

previously I uninstalled n reinstalled it worked for me.. but all of a sudden now it says the same error message??

Message 22 of 24
sudhakar
in reply to: heerenpan23

3ds Max (Win7) - The Software License Checkout Failed. Error 20

Delete 'C:\ProgramData\FLEXnet\adskflex_00691b00_tsf.data'

Delete 'C:\ProgramData\FLEXnet\adskflex_00691b00_tsf.data_backup.001'

When you restart 3ds Max, the files will be regenerated and activation is possible again.

(If removing the files is impossible, open 'Windows Task Manager' and close any Autodesk affiliated programs. You will see Autodesk by description of the programs in Task Manager. Also 'LMU.exe'!)
Message 23 of 24
JeffCHL
in reply to: _AKS_

This finally did the trick for me.  Thanks.  I tried some of the previous suggestions (i.e. Deleting "CascadeInfo" and "ProductInformation" files, and enabling FLEXnet Licensing service) but they didn't work.  Deleting C:\ProgramData\FLEXnet\adskflex_00691b00_tsf.data did work.  Thanks a million.

Message 24 of 24
AKSfx
in reply to: JeffCHL

You are welcome JeffCHL

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report