Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3d Max Student - Error popup titled (Invalid File) on startup

11 REPLIES 11
SOLVED
Message 1 of 12
vibrant03
4608 Views, 11 Replies

3d Max Student - Error popup titled (Invalid File) on startup

I was able to install my student version of 3d max 2013 and activate the key the day before yesterday without incident and was able to open the software.

I went to open it yesterday, once I click the desktop icon, the software would load the plug-ins but when it was time to start, I got an error popup titled "Invalid File" and it referenced a file c:user\appdata\local\...... in the message.

Also when I looked at the error report details, it stated: unhandled exceptions

I uninstalled and re-installed and this did not work.

I download the most recent update 5 and this did not work.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. 

Thank you

11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12
vibrant03
in reply to: vibrant03

Had no problem installing the program. When I try to start it, I get popup "invalid file". Worked the first day but has not worked since. tried reinstalling and updating driver but not luck.

Message 3 of 12
vibrant03

errorCapture.PNG

This is the error I get when starting 3d max. Tried uninstalling and reinstalling and even updating driver. Nothings seems to work. Need Help!

Message 4 of 12
TravisNave

Sounds like an invalid file in your TEMP folder.  Might clean out the %TEMP% location of all files.  If that doesn't work, consider a system restore back to the day it did work.

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 5 of 12
mmr185

hey

I am getting this same error message. max was working fine and all of a sudden i go to save a file, and my computer blue screens for some reason! Not really sure why but it happenes from time to time as its been a while since i reformatted this machine. Turn the computer back on and goto load up max to make sure my project was saved and before i can even get to the UI i get that message. 

Iv tries the repair utility, ive tried uninstalling and reinstalling a few different ways and still nothing has worked. I have max 12 on my computer so its not such a big deal (for whatever reason it is still working) but the problem is that i have files that are max 13 and they have not been downsaved. If anyone knows the solution to this problem please let me know. I am graduating in 4 weeks and my demo reel is due soon. 

Message 6 of 12
troyhome

I get the same thing!
Message 7 of 12
TravisNave
in reply to: troyhome

Go install the latest service pack and a certified video card driver. 

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 8 of 12
in reply to: TravisNave

Hi,

I have the same problem

I have deleted all temp files and installed the latest service pack but still no joy.

Any ideas?

Message 9 of 12
Raven88
in reply to: 5115294763

I had the same issue - 

here's how I fixed it:

Make sure 3DS Max is closed

"Go to C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\Autodesk\3dsMax\2014 - 64bit (32bit if using it)"

Rename the "ENU" file to "ENUOld"

Open 3DS Max again

That should fix it.

Message 10 of 12
jenn.perdue
in reply to: Raven88

I have the same issues with the invalid files when transferring my work from Maya to 3ds Max and have seen the answer however can you please go into more step by step posting so those who arnt sure how to go to this place can fix this issue too, please?

"Go to C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\Autodesk\3dsMax\2014 - 64bit (32bit if using it)"

Rename the "ENU" file to "ENUOld"

Message 11 of 12
isis.ochoa
in reply to: Raven88

i have the same problem and i already rename the folder from ENU to ENUold but still dosnt work, got any other solution?? 

Message 12 of 12
natasha.l
in reply to: isis.ochoa

Hello @isis.ochoa

Thank for being a part of the community. 

Are you receiving the same exact error as above?  Please include the error you are seeing. 

This is occurring with a specific file or all files? Please try to open other files or create a new one to isolate the issue. 

Let us know. 🙂 

Please “Accept As Solution” if a reply or replies have helped resolve the issue or answered your question, to help others in the community.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report