Installation & Licensing

ccarrier-2012
Message 1 of 3 (298 Views)

3DS Max Design 2013 Free 30 Day Trial

298 Views, 2 Replies
11-07-2012 08:04 AM

Hi,

We just installed a free 30 day trial for the first time as we are working on our products in 3D and want to know if the product will fit best our needs. However, when I try to run the trial, I keep getting the error "A component of the software license is not available. The program will exit. [Code 0]" Does someone know why I keep getting that error message?

Thanks!

Caroline

ccarrier-2012
Message 2 of 3 (281 Views)

Re: 3DS Max Design 2013 Free 30 Day Trial

11-07-2012 12:56 PM in reply to: ccarrier-2012

Please help me at your earliest convenience, my computer does meet the system requirements, it's the first time we install the trial on any computer, we are serious in buying the software licenses, but if we're unable to even test if it would work for us, and this quickly, well... it doesn't look good for the real purchase... Please someone help!!! Thanks so much!!!

Product Support
asburyj
Message 3 of 3 (271 Views)

Re: 3DS Max Design 2013 Free 30 Day Trial

11-07-2012 03:38 PM in reply to: ccarrier-2012

Hi Caroline,

I haven't heard of this error in any recent versions of 3ds max. The below article is offers a solution to the error in older versions of 3ds Max and it says that "The error indicates that some of the installed DLLs or EXEs are either missing, corrupt or damaged."

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=5581863&linkID=9241177

I would suggest in you case you uninstall and re install the software using and adiminstrator account on the system and ensure that all antivirus software is disabled when you perform the re-install. 

Jeffry Asbury

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Up & Ready Blog

Boldly Install, Configure and Deploy Autodesk Software.

AutodeskHelp Blog

Your one-stop shop for the latest solutions, breaking news, and behind the scenes access to the world of Autodesk support.

Connect with Us

Twitter

Pinterest

Blog

Youtube