Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3DS Max 2015 trial will not download/install after 3 tries.

10 REPLIES 10
Message 1 of 11
Kristina.g
2699 Views, 10 Replies

3DS Max 2015 trial will not download/install after 3 tries.

I have tried downloading online and through the download manager and to no availl. 

It just stops after 5 or so GB have been done and says downloading 0b/s and the funniest part was it told me at one point the download would take me 11467days and 19 hours. The download manager just stopped and said there was a problem with the network connection which so i paused and resumed, it said the connection was established but still failed to download any further.  I also recieved error code 0x28000002. I'd like to download the trial and test it out before subscribing when I am completely unfarmilliar with this version. 

Any help? This is becoming very frustrating.

Tags (1)
10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
TravisNave
in reply to: Kristina.g

Hi Kristina,

I would recommend that you try downloading your product using the virtual assistant by following the directions here:

http://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad/troubleshooting/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/How-to-...

Hope that helps!

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 3 of 11
Kristina.g
in reply to: TravisNave

Hi Travis,

I have tried that but for some reason it either freezes in place at a point or gives me a network connection error. I'm not really sure what's going on 😞 

Any other suggestions?

Message 4 of 11
TravisNave

Hmm... usually the virtual assistant works without issue.  Maybe you should try to download from another internet location?  Or from another computer?

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 5 of 11
Kristina.g
in reply to: TravisNave

Hi Travis, 

That's certainly worth a try! I'll give it a go and let you know the result!

Thanks!

Message 6 of 11
slomobeatz

Hey,

just wanted to say I had the same error. I tried using a different browser, using both the 'Install Now' and 'Browser Download' options, turning off the firewall - the setup window closed after a few seconds.

Here's what fixed it for me: Use the 'Install now' option. Once you have the setup package downloaded, right-click it and choose 'Fix compability problems' Something about Windows XP 2 should pop up, but don't let that bother you - just click 'Ok'.

And boom - the Autodesk Installer screen popped up. Let's see if any more issues arise.

Message 7 of 11
slomobeatz
in reply to: slomobeatz

Okay, forget what I wrote - the installation just crashed again, and this time using compability mode resolves in the same 'communication error'.

This is seriously the most complicated and frustrating installation I've ever attempted.

Message 8 of 11
jessica.t

Hi @slomobeatz and welcome to the Autodesk Community!

So sorry for your frustration but we'll get this figured out! Have you tried following the steps listed our in this Autodesk Solution: Error: "Communication Failure"? Let me know how it goes!

Jessica Thrasher
Message 9 of 11
Kristina.g
in reply to: jessica.t

I'm  not sure what happened, but I came back to my computer over night and suddenly it was on and had installed.

I can't complain but now I'm convinced there's some kind of techy ghost trying to help me out with my computer haha!

Message 10 of 11
slomobeatz
in reply to: jessica.t

Hello @jessica.t and thank you for the welcome!

Thanks also for the link, but I tried both the 'Browser' and 'Install' downloads unsuccessfully. After the latest installation fail I just deleted the setup files and did a reboot.

What worked for me was downloading the .exe from Autodesk's list of older versions (2010-2015):

(click on 'Download Links' -->'3Ds Max Products' -->'Autodesk 3Ds Max' and then pick a version. In the downloads it should show as a 3GB setup file.)

@Kristina.g Hah, that's awesome! I tried waiting, too. Either I was too impatient or the techy ghost was late;-)

All the best, everyone,

slomobeatz

Message 11 of 11
jessica.t

Thanks for the follow up, @slomobeatz! And thank you for sharing your solution with the community! Smiley Happy

Jessica Thrasher

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report