Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3DS Max 2014 for mac OSX

55 REPLIES 55
Message 1 of 56
Anonymous
299287 Views, 55 Replies

3DS Max 2014 for mac OSX

Hi All,

Why there is no Mac os x system requirement under 2014 max? or are they releasing mac osx native verison ?

Regards,

Jay.

55 REPLIES 55
Message 21 of 56
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

I wonder what reason there is not yet a REVIT application and 3DMAX for the Mac, I imagine that Autodesk is losing time because many architects and students opt for osx because the system is better than the Windons. Please release these apps for OSX system.

Message 22 of 56
dgorsman

"Better" is subjective (especially since the hardware is identical).  Like AutoCAD, its not a matter of making a couple of tweaks to the Win version.  It requires an almost ground-up rebuild which is time consuming and expensive, and also future maintenance and updates.  I trust the AutoDesk people are keeping track of the market and have a much better understanding of potential revenue than either of us and will release products when their numbers say its a good thing.

----------------------------------
If you are going to fly by the seat of your pants, expect friction burns.
"I don't know" is the beginning of knowledge, not the end.

Message 23 of 56
Anonymous
in reply to: DarrenP

PORFAVOR 3DMAX PARA MAC OS X
Message 24 of 56
corral.sebastian
in reply to: dgorsman

I think everybody understands it's a very complex thing to do, I don't think that's really the point.

What most fail to understand, including me haha, is why they've bothered doing it with AutoCad and Maya, while neglecting 3Ds max. Money is not enough to explain it. Because if they were transparent about it, they could just directly say "it's not gonna happen" and that would be the end of this conversation. But for some reason they've chosen to "not know" and have been teasing people for years without a clear response.

Message 25 of 56
Anonymous

thank

Message 26 of 56
Anonymous

just use a Parallel windows 7 or 8 to use it on mac 🙂

Message 27 of 56
Anonymous

Please tell me that 3ds Max 2016 is being developed for mac also, please...

Message 28 of 56
corral.sebastian

I have Parallels. It's crap.

I just want to know why Autodesk accepts payments to stop the developement of a program version that's needed urgently by many to run on mac OS.

Because that idiotic explanation they give about not developing a mac version because of the complexity involved in such a task?......That's bull**** for dumb people to swallow.

Tags (1)
Message 29 of 56
Anonymous

wil there b a 3ds max for mac......need it a lottt.....

Message 30 of 56
DarrenP

read the whole thread again
there is no version of 3ds max for mac
look at learning maya for the MAC

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 31 of 56
Anonymous

Yeah Maya 2015 Works with mac

Message 32 of 56
Anonymous

Perhaps YOU should read the whole thread again and actually answer the question instead of falling back on the "read the system requirements" answer. You might especially pay attention to this post:

--------------------------

I think everybody understands it's a very complex thing to do, I don't think that's really the point.

What most fail to understand, including me haha, is why they've bothered doing it with AutoCad and Maya, while neglecting 3Ds max. Money is not enough to explain it. Because if they were transparent about it, they could just directly say "it's not gonna happen" and that would be the end of this conversation. But for some reason they've chosen to "not know" and have been teasing people for years without a clear response.

-------------------------

We're not idiots, Darren. We've read the system requirements. We know that there's not a version available for Mac OS. What the Mac community is wondering is what the chances are of that happening with 3DS Max. So please stop with the condescension and just answer the question.

Message 33 of 56
Anonymous

It's been more than a decade since autodesk bought 3ds max, they would've done it by now. They will NEVER port max into osx. Ever.

Message 34 of 56
Anonymous

And frankly...I have no problem with that at all. It's their company. It's their product. They can do as they please.

I do have a problem with this "read the whole thread" and "read the system requirements" blather when people seek information about the possibility of getting a Mac OS version. It's condescending, arrogant, and unnecessary. If you don't know just say, "I don't know" or "There are no immediate plans to do so."

Message 35 of 56
pendean

Some regular users of software think such questions exhibit a lack of research on the part of the person asking. So they point you to what they think you are looking for. To help.

Sadly, just as they misread your question you too are being equally incapable of understanding their response. It works, or this case it does not work, both ways.

Neither one of you is right or wrong.

If you want to just rant for the sake of ranting, please do so elsewhere. It looks silly here.

Good luck with your quests.
Message 36 of 56
Anonymous
in reply to: pendean

Insert awkward pause while thinking of suggesting that you read the whole thread to see that it's a repeated attitude that led to my "rant'...not a one-time, "Oh, I misread your question."

Looking silly's not that bad, btw...

Message 37 of 56
akbarali_ch

i hope there is a plan. Whether there is or no, some clear answer would be greatly appreciated.

Message 38 of 56
Anonymous

Message 39 of 56
Anonymous

Message 40 of 56
corral.sebastian

The point I go for, is that there's never a clear response from Autodesk.

They keep saying "it's too hard to do" (which is a good excuse since...when?) and they also keep saying there are no plans to do it "for now", meaning?...(they actually give those answers). So what's it gonna be Autodesk? that's the point. Do I throw my mac to the trash and get a pc? Or do I hang on to my mac (which I need in every other aspect) in hopes that the "no plans yet" translates into "maybe a future version will run on mac"???

And if they decide to kill it, so be it, it's their program. But it's very important for many of us (job wise) to be prepared for such scenario. I've used both programs Maya and Max, and you don't just "switch between them". They're different enough to be a rather big problem. And we worry, because at least from my perpective, not having an OSx version of Max is killing it.

(BTW I'm forced to use Max on OSx once again at work and it's very dissapointing).

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report