Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3DS Max 2014 and 2015 failed to install

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
elacerna
2217 Views, 4 Replies

3DS Max 2014 and 2015 failed to install

I've tried numerous times to install the Student version of Max, both versions 2014 and 2015. I've used all download versions, including virtual assistant. 

I'm running on Windows 8.1 professional. 

Attached is the log file of my latest installation attempt.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
jessica.t
in reply to: elacerna

Hi @elacerna,

Thanks for the installation log! Will you please take the following steps to try and resolve the 1619 error:

• In the preferences or options area of your preferred browser, remove pop-up blockers and allow access to all *autodesk.com sites.
  • In the preferences or options area of your preferred browser, delete cookies, temporary internet files, and history.
  • Turn off your personal firewall or VPN, if you use one.
  • Disable UAC
  • Close and reopen your preferred browser.
  • Re-download from the Virtual Agent

Please let me know if this resolves your issue or if you need further assistance. Thank you!

Jessica Thrasher
Message 3 of 5
yukiiisbroken

same problem here ! ive tried to install the student version and it seemed to keep failing. My desktop is now running Windows 8.1 64-bit, intel core i7, 16GB RAM . can anyone help me ? the attached is the setup log. 

Message 4 of 5
ukdxb012
in reply to: yukiiisbroken

Hi @yukiiisbroken 

Your issue is related to the Autodesk Medium Material Library. Please install it from here (http://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad/troubleshooting/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/How-to-... and then try 3DS Max again. If you have further issues i would look to download the product as a Browser Download to avoid these kind of issues in future.

Duncan Brannan
UK/EMEIA CAD Operations Manager
Twitter | LinkedIn

Message 5 of 5
ukdxb012

Hi @elacerna 

3DS Max 2014 is not suppoorted on Windows 8.1 however 2015 is.

The response Jessica provided you should resolve the 1603 issues you are experiencing.

Here is a link which explains a bit more about 1603 errors... http://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad/troubleshooting/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/Error-1...

Duncan Brannan
UK/EMEIA CAD Operations Manager
Twitter | LinkedIn

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report