Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3DS Max 2013 | is it DirectX, C++ Redistributable or .Net Framework that fails??

9 REPLIES 9
SOLVED
Message 1 of 10
rkedus
3831 Views, 9 Replies

3DS Max 2013 | is it DirectX, C++ Redistributable or .Net Framework that fails??

I have been unable to download the product from students.autodesk.com as the [Install Now] or [Download Now] or [Browser Download] links do not work for me somehow, but I did manage to download the installer from the source code of the page instead. Currently, the installation keeps failing and is being aborted with error codes 1603 and 1619; once gave 1618 to all problematic subjects mentioned below. I registreted myself to the community 6 months ago, I have not been lucky enough to see the working program so far.

After sending the setup log and a short description of my problem to Autodesk Education Community Support Team, I recieved the following answer:

The error indicates a problem with one of the Microsoft components that are required for AutoCAD to run successfully. Please check you have installed Microsoft .Net Framework 4.0, Microsoft DirectX and Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable on your system.

So, I did deeper homework and gave IT a more advanced try:

Preparation or Uninstallation

1. Restarted my system.
2. Uninstalled other Autodesk programs (DWG TrueView in my case) from Control Panel.
3. Restarted my system once more.
4. Located and deleted the installation folders for each Autodesk product that I uninstalled in the previous procedures, e.g. "C:\Program Files\AutoCAD 2010" and "C:\Program Files\Autodesk\AutoCAD 2012".
5. Set hidden files visible.
6. Deleted the following user profile folders [substitute your login name for %username%]:
C:\Users\%username%\AppData\Roaming\Autodesk
C:\Users\%username%\AppData\Local\Autodesk
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Autodesk Shared
C:\ProgramData\Autodesk.
7. In the Registry Editor, located and deleted the following subkeys:
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Autodesk
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Autodesk.

Re-Installing

8. Created another user account with administrative rights, logged in and copied the contents of the media under the new user and installed locally.  

9. Ran CCleaner...
10. Disabled Windows Updater and User Access Control (with setting it to Never Notify).
11. Made sure that there were no Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable versions in my Add/Remove Programs in Control Panel. Removed .Net Framework 4.0 Extended and Client Profile with .NET Framework Cleanup Tool.
12. Rebooted my system.
13. Disabled real-time Norton 360 anti-virus program and it’s components, Windows Firewall and related processes and other updaters on the background. Norton's ccsvchst.exe was impossible to stop.
14. Deleted everything in "C:\Users\%username%\AppData\Local\Temp" and "C:\Windows\Temp" folders.
15. Closed ALL running applications.
16. Removed the Read-only from location folder settings.

17. Started the installation as an Administrator, I did not customize the settings.

18. Failed - about 15th time.

My computer information:
Windows 7 Home Premium (64-bit)
Intel Core i5-3317U Processor
4 GB Standard System Memory
Intel HD Graphics 4000

I would go for:
3DS Max 2013 in English under Other Countries,

with assistance or instructions, because I am no good in non-visual computing and do not know much about reading between the lines in this field, yet! 🙂

P.S: I think, it probably has issues with premissions, not sure about .NET or C++. Just to mention, DirectX seems to be built-in, so it seems to me to be impossible to do anything with it?

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
david.lau
in reply to: rkedus

I would try to re-installing Windows.  This would be the fastest solution.

David Lau
Message 3 of 10
rkedus

OKi, it has come to my attention that the issue for me is DirectX. It really didn't matter how I had installed 3ds Max 2013 lately.

I thoroughly did everything mentioned in the list above + some more, and left .NET Framework 4.0 and C++ Redistributables untouched from a failed installation. Now, only DirectX® Runtime keeps getting 1619 error code in the mini-log, even when I install it manually from 3ds Max's 3rdParty installation folder. ("We recommend manually installing DirectX and Microsoft .NET 4.0 before beginning installation of your Autodesk product," as Education Community Support said).

Literally — what to do with the version of DirectX in my computer, as it is a rock solid component of Windows 7, how do I edit it or ...? I have no clue.

I wouldn't re-install Windows as my laptop doesn't have disc players nor I have a disc for USB-ing, and I am not sure if getting Windows 8 Pro is worth of it's 14.99 campaign-€.

Message 4 of 10
rkedus

Actually, I found that I do have the installation disc of Windows 7 in my laptop's delivery box, but nevertheless I am going to upgrade to Windows 8 Pro and will try to run the installer of 3ds Max 2013 again in the beginning of January.

Message 5 of 10
rkedus

Yess, the program works on Windows 8 Pro now! Smiley Indifferent

Message 6 of 10
kcpollak

I just bought a brand new computer with Windows 8 Home Premium on it and was able install 3dsmax 2012 after 2013 failing about 20 times. Since this computer is brand new (as of yesterday) I hate to reinstall windows so early, not only that but my computer did not come with the windows 8 install disk. Does anyone know of a way around this so that I can run 2013?

Message 7 of 10
TravisNave
in reply to: kcpollak

It's not your Windows.  The program is failing to download from Autodesk.

Install Autodesk® 3ds Max 2013 Failed Download Failed

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 8 of 10
kcpollak

I finally got the install to work. I had to do a 'browser download' and save it to my hard drive first. Then I had to go in and actually click on the file and start it up. It worked fine this way.

Thanks everyone for the help!

Message 9 of 10
Bluebyza
in reply to: kcpollak

Exact same problem here, DirectX is failing to download from autodesk. Since buying a new OS is not an option (upgrading to Win8 as someone did above) I'll try with browser download and post here again with the results.

This is the error message that keeps prompting, I guess that's the same all people here had/are having.INSTALL ERROR.JPG

Thanks to @AutodeskHelp at twitter for their help, even if it didn't solve my issue they surely where quick answering. That's real nice.

Message 10 of 10
Bluebyza
in reply to: Bluebyza

Ok, solved! Thanks for the info here, i was real worried about this!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report