Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3DS Max 2012 wont accept product key

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
FlameTop
7161 Views, 2 Replies

3DS Max 2012 wont accept product key

Hello, I have downloaded my subscription upgrade from 3DS Max 2011 to 2012. During installation it asked for my serial number and product key. It accepts my 2011 serial number fine, but states the product key is invalid. Just in case it was the installer I selected the trial option and finished the installation. However, on startup of 2012 if I try to authorize the copy there it states the same thing; the serial is accepted but not the product key. I have searched all over the subscription site but cannot any way to obtain a new product key? thanks Phil Camp
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
TravisNave
in reply to: FlameTop

To activate your product, you will need to use your 2012 serial number instead of your 2011 serial number.  You can find this information on your Subscription site.  Your product key is not unique and will be the same for all Max 2012 products.  It should likley be the same as your 2011 except with a D instead of a C, unless your product suite has changed.  However, unless you use your 2012 serial number you will not be able to activate. 

Your information is on the Subscription site.  If you cannot find it, you may want to contact Autodesk Subscription services or your reseller. 

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 3 of 3
FlameTop
in reply to: TravisNave

Thank you for your help. I double checked and still could not find a new serial or key on the subscription site. So I contacted my reseller and they have provided the new serial and key. Thanks again. Phil

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report