Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3DS Max 2012 fails to install

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
Comanderblack
5712 Views, 7 Replies

3DS Max 2012 fails to install

Hi. I try to install this program a lot of times and always fails. I tried first normally, and then in Safe Mode and I always get errors. I don't know what to do now...

In the log file i have deleted some installations with the same error.

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
TravisNave
in reply to: Comanderblack

You'll need to attach the bigger installation log in your %temp% location.  It will have more information that can help locate the problem.

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 3 of 8
Comanderblack
in reply to: TravisNave

Can you tell me the name of this .log files? I have a lot of them...

Edit: I think i have found it.

Note: My OS Language is spanish

Message 4 of 8

Nobody can help me? I don't know what to do...

Message 5 of 8
emi_100

I think all problems are becouse of a deficient framework 4.

When i install it, all problems appeared. (i have to use a framework cleanup tool to delete it)

I donwload the full installer from the Microsoft site, but it's the same.

Framework 4 is the problem.

Message 6 of 8
Comanderblack
in reply to: emi_100

Hi and thanks for reply.

I have unistalled all frameWork, but when I try to install, the 3DS Max Installer install FrameWork 4. And it fail again...

Message 7 of 8
emi_100

I know, same thing happen with all the Autodesk Suite 2012 that use Framework 4.0.

My friend have Revit 2012, and the same problem.

But is not a problem of the Autodesk program, is a bug on the Framework 4.0.

I download it from Microsoft site, and it have the same problem... stil waiting for the hotfix...

Message 8 of 8
Comanderblack
in reply to: emi_100

I have found a "solution" (I have installed it and it works). I have seen that it is a security problem. The installer can't write (i don't know) in the windows folders. To solve it I have Unhide and give right to everybody to "?:\Users\User Name\AppData". Doing this I can install

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report