Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3DS Max 2012 64 bit installation failed, error 1603

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Usernamelalala
2344 Views, 3 Replies

3DS Max 2012 64 bit installation failed, error 1603

Hello, i am a student trying to install 3ds Max 2012 64 bit on windows 7 home premium. everytime i try, the installer stops when it says installing 3ds max 2012 and the installation log says error 1603.

i am logged in as administrator, UAC is off, directx 11, c++ and net framework 4.5 installed manually. I have tried installing in diagnostics mode as some threads suggested, but still failed. 

the installation log is posted below. i have copied the installation files onto my desktop.

any help will be much appreciated. thank you.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

hello? anyone?

Message 3 of 4

Hi Usernamelalala,

This solution posted by Expert Elite TravisNave may help you with your installation issue.

Regards,

Camilo Lemos

Message 4 of 4

hello camilo.lemos, thanks for taking the time to reply.

the solution provided by travisnave concerns about the failed prerequisite, while in my case the main problem seems to be the 3dsmax 2012 itself. i also noticed that the installer is trying to install the material libraries two times, does this contribute to the problem as well?

thank you 🙂

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report