Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3D Studio Max 2012 Stops Responding at Startup

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
Anonymous
8570 Views, 7 Replies

3D Studio Max 2012 Stops Responding at Startup

Hi,

I just registered as a student and am now trying to get 3DS Max 2012 working. I was able to sort out a few problems, but now, when I launch the program, the splash screen shows, and it loads the plugins, but it hangs at the point when it is starting the program. I have tried reinstalling and repairing the software to no avail.

Thanks,

Hbhargava

7 REPLIES 7
Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

THANK YOU SOOOO MUCH!!!! I am very grateful for your assistance!Smiley Happy

Message 4 of 8
simmsimaging

I am having this problem on one of my computers here. 2012 installs and runs fine on one machine, but the other freezes at startup screen. I can see the welcome screen but cannot okay/dismiss it. Previously it was freezing on the system/file units screen, but deleting the max.ini file got me as far as the welcome screen.

I have tried starting in DX, Nitrous, and OGL modes without any difference.

WHat else can I try? Do I need to put in a subscription request for help?

Thanks!/b

Message 5 of 8
david.lau
in reply to: simmsimaging

If you are Silver support, you can log a case.

David Lau
Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: david.lau

I have similar problem. Hang up in startup when using nitrous engine, but work normal when I switch to direct3d. Does it mean I can't use nitrous engine forever? I am using retail ADS license and I have installed latest hotfix and graphics card driver. 

Message 7 of 8
Anonymous

That is what I have resolved to do. What graphics card do you have? The machine that was giving me the problem only had integrated intel graphics. I have switched to a new GeForce 9800 that works fine now.

Message 8 of 8
Anonymous

I am using Geforce 9600GT. I tried install it on my laptop with intel HD4500 graphics chipset, surprisingly it works normal.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report