Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

32-bit Autocad 2012 installer on 64-bit operating system

10 REPLIES 10
Message 1 of 11
Anonymous
27367 Views, 10 Replies

32-bit Autocad 2012 installer on 64-bit operating system

I purchased AutoCAD 2012, and the installer was said to be compatible with 32-bit and/or 64-bit operating system.  However, when I initiate the installer, and error message comes up saying that the 32-bit installer will not install on the 64-bit system.  How do make the installer run?

10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
pendean
in reply to: Anonymous

You can't do that.

Do yourself a favor, grab the correct 64bit download for free here and save it somewhere you will never lose every again since Autodesk will not keep these around for too long:
1. Go to http://autodesk.creativevirtual15.com/autodesk/bot.html?isJSEnabled=1&businessArea=Root.Front%20Desk...
2. Select the choice "Download Links".
3. Select your product, then variant, then version as applicable.
4. You should now be presented with the choice to download your software.

Message 3 of 11
Anonymous

There are third party applications, like Microvellum for example that require a 32 bit install on a 64 bit OS, but they have written their own custom installer for that purpose.

If it's at all possible, you should definitely run the 64 bit version on a 64 bit machine.

Message 4 of 11
Anonymous

Request for help to download 32 bit installer for autocad 2012

Message 5 of 11
Anonymous
in reply to: pendean

2012 isn't on the list.  Can you help?

@pendean wrote:

You can't do that.

Do yourself a favor, grab the correct 64bit download for free here and save it somewhere you will never lose every again since Autodesk will not keep these around for too long:
1. Go to http://autodesk.creativevirtual15.com/autodesk/bot.html?isJSEnabled=1&businessArea=Root.Front%20Desk...

Message 6 of 11
Anonymous

@pendean wrote:

You can't do that.

I also have 2014 32 bit CD with serial no and CD Key.  How can I get product key after download 64 bit?  Thank you.

Message 7 of 11
Anonymous

@pendean wrote:

You can't do that.

I found the product key for 2014.  Sorry to bother you earlier.

Message 8 of 11
Anonymous

thanks

Message 9 of 11
Anonymous

how to download autoCAD 2012 64 bit, i want autoCAD 2012 or 2013 64 bit download link

Message 10 of 11
Mark.Lancaster

@Anonymous

Welcome to the Autodesk User's Community..

AutoCAD 2012 and 2013 is retired and no longer supported.  Why do you need this version?   There's no live download link and unless you purchased this product 5 and/or 6 years ago you will not be able to request a temporary download.

Mark Lancaster

&  Autodesk Services MarketPlace Provider

Autodesk Inventor Certified Professional & not an Autodesk Employee

Likes is much appreciated if the information I have shared is helpful to you and/or others

Did this resolve your issue? Please accept it "As a Solution" so others may benefit from it.

Message 11 of 11
simona.golisciano

Hello @Anonymous,

As mentioned by @Anonymous.Lancaster, AutoCAD 2012 and 2013 are no longer supported. Autodesk supports products up to three versions past the current release.

As the download you need is no longer located within the Virtual Agent, please contact support to see if the download for your product is still available. Please note that any unsupported versions can become unavailable at any time.

Regards,

Simona Golisciano

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report