Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2015 Maya extrudes vector points instead of face.

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
jfoxfire2
3419 Views, 5 Replies

2015 Maya extrudes vector points instead of face.

Created cube with subdivions of 5, selected face and Polygons->Edit Mesh->Extrude with reset options. Cube face spikes out vector corners instead of just the face. Shift->RMB->Extrude Face performs correctly. Is this normal way for Extrude to work? Extrude options are Length 1, width 0.5, and divisions 3.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
amew88
in reply to: jfoxfire2

The only way that I have found out to get around this is by having the Extrude-->Options box open, THEN selecting the face, which sets the extrude into FACE mode instead of VERTEX mode.  Which, in my opinion, is a massive pain.  I didn't see any other options to set a default extrude option up either.

Message 3 of 6
amew88

I actually found an even better solution.  Go to Mesh Tools --> Show modeling toolkit.    This will bring up the modeling toolset on the right side.  At the bottom of the toolset there is a button for EXTRUDE.   This extrude button allows you to select a face first, and then hit extrude in the toolkit, working exactly like the older versions of maya. 

This helped me a ton, hope this helps you!  🙂

-Amew

Message 4 of 6
jfoxfire2
in reply to: amew88

Excellent!! Thanks

Message 5 of 6
fgu204

You need to select the Extude that is under the FACE section the the Edit Mesh menu. Polygons->Edit Mesh->[FACE]->Extrude

Message 6 of 6
ksherro
in reply to: fgu204

How did i not think to look for that. omg. thanks so much!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report