Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2014LT showing files as Educational

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
tom
Community Visitor
316 Views, 4 Replies

2014LT showing files as Educational

I have a practice with 15 x 2014LT licences, been working fine for few months, then last week, users start to complain of the Educational Product popup, as these are live drawings, we can't sent files to clients.

There is no educational licence within the office, and users all said they have not worked on their own laptops or sending dwg to clients, these are quite large dwg so I doubt they be sending them out and then work on the returned files, plus this project is being worked on by 4 users so chances of these files leaving the office is highly unlikely.

I have tried to deactivate the licence, reinstall and reactivated without luck, but I already knew it may not work as its a file embedded issue, but I were desprate.

So how do I remove these annoying stamps from my drawings ?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
TravisNave
in reply to: tom

You cannot. 

It has nothing to do with your licensed product.  What happened is that somebody modified one of your drawings or xrefs or some other part of that work with an educational version instead of a professional version.  Sometimes this happens when somebody takes a shortcut and brings in previously worked on parts from class, or downloads a drawing from the web that was made from the educational version, instead of just drawing out the item themselves.  Once done, that drawing is poisoned with the educational stamp and it will continue to poison any other work that is associated with it.  Either one of your engineers or one of your clients did this. 

Your reseller may be able to assist you on this, but generally this service is not free.  This is by design so that commercial entities do not use the educational versions for production work.  I am just sorry that you are the unintended victim of someone else's negligence.

Good Luck! 

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 3 of 5
pendean

DWF to DWG is not an AutoCAD ability: and you lose precision. That's terrible advise.
Message 4 of 5
TravisNave
in reply to: pendean

Dean is right. And even if it did work, it would be license circumvention.
So I have reported it.

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 5 of 5
pendean

Looks like they got rid of that horrible advise post... .

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report