Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2014 Online Download Issue

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
Cadmanto
524 Views, 7 Replies

2014 Online Download Issue

I am currently running 2012 at work.  In talking to our IT department, they have given me a serial number and a product key to use on a home license.  What I am looking to do is download 2014 using these codes.  Maybe I am looking in the wrong location on the Autodesk website, but in my first attempt, I found the product download section and when I tried inputting the info into the fields it wouldn't take them.  Then I tried downloading the 30 day trial of the Inventor Suite for 2014.  That downloaded and I saved the setup file, but when I went to run it, it gave me an error message that said the file was not a compatible 32bit system.  I selected the 64 bit version.  While I am not at home to give the exact message, I am going on memory to some degree.  Can anyone instruct me as to how to get this downloaded or upgraded on my home PC?

Thanks

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden
(Colossians 3:23-25)

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
TravisNave
in reply to: Cadmanto

Are you sure your home computer is a 64-bit OS?  Odd that you would get that error otherwise.

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 3 of 8
Cadmanto
in reply to: TravisNave

Travis,

Yes, I am sure it is 64 bit.

I am going to start from square one.  Here is the opening page from Autodesk.  If I have the serial number and the key code from work, where do I go to down load 2014 under my companies license?

I have never downloaded from this site before and considering I have struck out twice I need advice with this.

Thanks.

4-30-2013 8-50-40 PM.jpg

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden

Message 4 of 8
TravisNave

Technically, the trial should work. But whoever has the Subscription
account should be able to login and get the software as well.

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 5 of 8
DarrenP
in reply to: TravisNave

go this way: http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/pc/index?id=19759203&siteID=123112

click on ask at the bottom>downloading & installation>software download links>i need to redownload my product>autodesk suites

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 6 of 8
emily.xu

I think you can download a 32 bit version to see if work.

If my post answers your question, please click the "Accept as Solution" button. This helps everyone find answers more quickly!

Emily Xu
Product Support
Message 7 of 8
emily.xu
in reply to: emily.xu

Can you install the product now? If still need any help from us, please update the post.

Thanks 

Emily Xu
Product Support
Message 8 of 8
Cadmanto
in reply to: emily.xu

Emily,

Sorry I have not gotten back to you on this thread.

My IT department ended up getting me the 2013 discs for install.  I ended up doing that version.  I will try and make it a point to try what has been suggested.

Thanks for your input.

Inventor Suite 2012
Windows 7 Professional
Intel (R) Xeon (R) CPU 3.47 GHz
12.0 GB Memory, 64 bit OS

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report