Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2014 Download Manager - Not working - but differnt problem to others.

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
snowmannz
9802 Views, 6 Replies

2014 Download Manager - Not working - but differnt problem to others.

Hi Team,

I’m trying to download Building Design Suite Premium. The download manager hummed through the first 30gb of the download. Then it just stopped writing data to the PC. My network meter says its downloading at 11ish mbps however after about 4 hours of this supposed download, it still reports only 31.6gb downloaded. 

If i pause the download my network meter bottoms out (as you would expect) however upon restart, it jumps back up to 11mbps but nothing appears to be written to the file. 

Also does anyone know if you can turn your computer off and continue the download later? As here in lil old New Zealand we still pay by data and i really don’t feel like starting again, yet I want to restart my computer.

Seriously Autodesk - why not break the files up into each software component and then put them back together at the end? At least that way you could know with confidence you got something. Not every part of the world has awesome broadband and 58.5gb would officially be the biggest file I’ve ever downloaded. FAIL.

And FFS why didn’t you just send the bloody USB drives again? (Yes i know you can order them but were they really so expensive that they couldn’t just be sent like they used to be?)

Cheers - hope i don’t sound too grumpy; this just seems so stupid though...

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
john.barge
in reply to: snowmannz

I am getting this exact same behaviour.  In order to get it to actually continue the download, I need to reboot.

Message 3 of 7
snowmannz

Thanks for that, i was hoping it wasnt just me getting that behavior.

I did end up giving up and re-booting, it does continue, well in principle. It didnt write anymore data so i gave up. The browser download appears to have worked but i havn't tried installing it yet.

Message 4 of 7
byron.morales

I apologize for the inconvenience this is causing you, 

please see the following:

http://upandready.typepad.com/up_and_ready/2013/04/downloading-software-suites-internet-explorer-pop...

You can also try to use our new virtual agent called Matthew as follows:

1.       Go to http://www.autodesk.com

2.       Click on Contact Us 

3.       Click on Customer Service 

4.       Click on Virtual Agent 

5.       Once the Virtual Agent opens: 

Select the 4th Choice "Downloading and Installation"

Now select 1st choice "Software Download links"

Now Select the 3rd choice "I need to re-download my product"
Select your product

You are now presented with the choice to download your software. 

When Downloading the suites please keep the following in mind:

• Create a new folder in your desktop
  • Download all files to the newly created folder
  • Once all files are downloaded, Right click on the part1.EXE file Only and select "Run As Admnistrator".

Also here are the steps to requesting the installation media to be mailed to you:

http://usa.autodesk.com/getdoc/id=GS16845017

Byron M.
Installation and Licensing
Message 5 of 7

Hi, sometimes it's not the download manager itself that's failing - but the underlying Akamai Netsession Interface. My Download stopped after 3.43 GB and kept trying to restart. When nothing else helped, I terminated all processes containing NETSESSION or ADDLM with the task manager (Ctrl+Shift+Esc, switch to processes tab) after having paused and quit the download manager. That let me resume my download - now running at 25 MB/s. Hope that might help someone!
Message 6 of 7
s.m.kogowski

Go to control panel->akamai netsession interface->preferences

and there click service:"start"

worked for me

Message 7 of 7

Paused downloader, closed downloader, ended  2 x netsession process as suggested, re-opened with no restart and now happily downloading! Thanks!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report