Installation & Licensing

*Expert Elite*
karthur1
Message 1 of 6 (220 Views)
Accepted Solution

2014 Deployment location changes when I modify deployment

220 Views, 5 Replies
12-04-2013 05:53 AM

I created a deployment and saved it on a location on the server that is shared.  Next, I needed to modify the deployment to add a service pack that was added.  I logged into the server where the deployment was using a Remote Terminal at my workstation.  After I modified the deployment, it lists my workstation as the location that the deployment should be ran from.  This location is not shared and I would like it to be ran from the original locaton on server.

Is there a way to make it place the modified deployment in the same location as the original deployment?

Here is what I see after the deployment is modified.

Thanks

Kirk

Modify_deployment.png

Product Support
asburyj
Message 2 of 6 (207 Views)

Re: 2014 Deployment location changes when I modify deployment

12-04-2013 11:19 AM in reply to: karthur1

Did you create the deployment on one server and then copy it to a new server or did perhaps the servername change? It appears that the original server location was KARTHUR-7 so if that is changed you will want to recreate your deployment. 

Jeffry Asbury
*Expert Elite*
karthur1
Message 3 of 6 (205 Views)

12-04-2013 11:31 AM in reply to: asburyj

I orginally created the deployment on the fmi2 server (using remote desktop from karthur workstation).  The server name has never been changed nor has the deployment been copied.

Product Support
asburyj
Message 4 of 6 (200 Views)

12-04-2013 12:46 PM in reply to: karthur1

Perhaps the incorrect location was entered when creating it? I would suggest recreating the deployment at this point 

Jeffry Asbury
*Expert Elite*
karthur1
Message 5 of 6 (196 Views)

12-04-2013 01:08 PM in reply to: asburyj

Would have never used that location when I created the deployment.  I will recreate it.

Thanks

Product Support
asburyj
Message 6 of 6 (194 Views)

12-04-2013 01:10 PM in reply to: karthur1

Your other option would be manually editing though the ini file for the deployment and manually changing the target for the links but my recomendation if just for recreation since you are needing to add in a service pack anyway. 

Jeffry Asbury

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Up & Ready Blog

Boldly Install, Configure and Deploy Autodesk Software.

AutodeskHelp Blog

Your one-stop shop for the latest solutions, breaking news, and behind the scenes access to the world of Autodesk support.

Connect with Us

Twitter

Pinterest

Blog

Youtube