Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2014 Checking license... hang

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
EricNyh
5317 Views, 5 Replies

2014 Checking license... hang

We have Autocad Plant 2014 Suite installed on a few machines using network licensing.  For some reason when I open AutoCAD, it hangs at the splash screen for 30-60 seconds at the "Checking license..." location.  It does this pretty much everytime.  When I start up AutoCAD Plant, it starts fine and does not hang at the spash screen.

Any help with this would be appreciated.

Capture.JPG

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
emily.xu
in reply to: EricNyh

For network license:

1.   seach all the registry keys: ADSKFLEX_LICENSE_FILE and confirm they have the same value.  i.e. @servername.
2.   set up environment variable:  

3.  Confirm the following is set correctly:

For standalone license:

1.  Try to delete the adskflex_####_tsf.data file. 

http://usa.autodesk.com/getdoc/id=TS15176093

http://upandready.typepad.com/up_and_ready/2011/10/autocad-family-edu-and-commercial.html

2.  Try to run with a new user.

If my post answers your question, please click the "Accept as Solution" button. This helps everyone find answers more quickly!

Emily Xu
Product Support
Message 3 of 6
support103

Hi,

You just go to Task manager and then end task all process of Autodesk.

End then start Autocad again, you will go to activation screen.

Best regards.

Message 4 of 6
Darin.Green

Both @emily.xu & @support103 answers are good suggestions, but what happens is the LMU.exe process is hung from the previously opened and closed session. That causes AutoCAD to freeze at "Checking License..."

If the issue happens again, open Task Manager, locate LMU.exe and End task. NOTE: The application will crash because it didn't complete validation, so just launch AutoCAD again and it should launch without an issue.

BTW... You should upgrade to 2020, why 2014?

If this information was helpful, please consider marking it as an Accepted Solution by using the Accept as Solution

Message 5 of 6
Pola_S
in reply to: Darin.Green

@Darin.Greenprobably because this was posted 6 years ago 😁

Could also have a perpetual

Message 6 of 6
Darin.Green
in reply to: Pola_S

@Pola_S  LOL... I knew that 🙂

Well, I had a customer reference this post so thought I would write an updated response for others who may find it.

If this information was helpful, please consider marking it as an Accepted Solution by using the Accept as Solution

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report