Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2013/2014 Installation Problems

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
phirst
2108 Views, 2 Replies

2013/2014 Installation Problems

I have searched the forums and gone through the following steps to try and get 2013/2014 to install on a relatively fresh Windows 8 install:

1. Removed the VC++ Files
  2. Direct X
  3. Turned off the firewalls
  4. Turn off anti-virus

2014 hangs on the "Preparing Revit Content".  2013 fails quickly and the log file only contains "2" (there is nothing else in the log file).

Needless to say, not being able to install the software is immensely frustrating.  I've already lost a whole day of productive work due to this problem.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
TravisNave
in reply to: phirst

Welcome to the community.

Revit 2013 itself is not supported on Windows 8. 

As for the installation of 2014 hanging, my advice is to wait it out. The installation required additional downloaded content and I have seen this process take upwards of 8 hours in some situations.  In these cases, letting the installation run overnight almost certainly ends in a successful installation by morning. 

If you still have issues, repost your 2014 log file here.

Good Luck!

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 3 of 3
phirst
in reply to: TravisNave

Here's what I've learned:

If I download the install package from the subscription site then attempt to install, things don't work.  Installs fail.  Revit hangs, or the whole thing borks out.

If I click on Install from the online subscription site then use the "downloading install" package, it appears things are installing fine.  I have another little bit to go, but so far so good.

Short answer:  Don't download then install.  Install and let it download.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report