Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2012 products NLM wierd problem?!?

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
ndra
211 Views, 6 Replies

2012 products NLM wierd problem?!?

Dear all,

We just finished deploying the new Product Design Suite 2012 on the pcs. We have the vault pro 2012 licenses as well, on the same licensing server, and they were working fine. We updated the license file with the PDM licenses as well. At first the vault licenses would continue to work, but the PDS didn't, so we upgraded the License manager files to version 11.9 (win x64, ipv6). Now the PDS licenses are working fine, but not the Vault ones! We just get a "failed to acquire a license" on vault clients.

I checked the license file on Autodesk Parser, and it came back fine (as it should). The weird thing is that the LM logs don't report any errors, or any requests for the Vault licenses.

I'm lost with this one, should I try the latest version from flexera? (it's version 11.10)

Any help?

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
hashim.mundol
in reply to: ndra

Assuming even if you keep only vault's license in the file, it still fails. so something to do with License server version .

Can you try to use the ipaddress of the license server instead of the name in the Vault's licpath.lic.

also run tests from the vault server using IE  to check the connectivity to the license server.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If my post answers your question, please mark it as an Accepted Solution, so that others can find answers quickly!
For more tips & tricks: http://upandready.typepad.com

Hashim Mundol
Autodesk Product Support
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 3 of 7
TravisNave

If it is on the same license server, then it is still likely an IPv6 issue.  Use ping to find out.  If so, follow my IPv6 steps to resolve the issue.  This seems to affect Vault the most since it is more often found on the same server as the NLM.

For more information about Network License Manager connectivity issues and IPv6, please see my discussion post here:

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Installation-Licensing/Network-License-Error-1-5-15-and-IPv6/td-p/2982...

Help Improve the Autodesk Discussion Groups
--------------------------------------------------------
If I was able to resolve your issue, please select the "Accept as Solution" option so that you can help fellow members quickly find solutions to their problems. Please add Kudos to a post if you were helped by a post that you did not author.

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 4 of 7
ndra
in reply to: TravisNave

Thank you for your answers.

It wasn't a IPv6 issue, I'll keep that in mind though in case I come accross it.

We had another license running on lmtools from another vendor, as soon as I took that service down, both licenses (vault and PDS) worked fine.

Any suggestions on running licenses from multiple vendors?

Regards,

Nikos

Message 5 of 7
TravisNave

Yes. In fact I have a whole article about it in my combining license files link below in my signature. Let me know if you need additional assistance.

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 6 of 7
ndra
in reply to: TravisNave

Ah, I see, I skimmed through your thread, but only read the first post (silly me). Very straightforward and well written.

I'll post back as soon as I meddle some more with it.

Regards

Message 7 of 7
TravisNave

If you have any questions about the process, let me know or send me a PM. Thanks!

Autodesk Forums:

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report