Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2012, new licence server, clients not finding server?

16 REPLIES 16
SOLVED
Message 1 of 17
adam.carter
1180 Views, 16 Replies

2012, new licence server, clients not finding server?

We are upgrading to 2012, and have 2 license keys, and several standalone keys. The "old" license key manager was installed on one of the client machines. But now we have the license key manager installed on a new server, but the old server is still running.

1. New server, but old server is still running..

2. one client is being changed from network license to standalone (he was the old license key server as well)

3. One client is being changed from standalone to shared key, and using new server for key.

4. one client is staying with shared key, just getting the new version, and needs to get key info from new server.

I wanted to get all of the clients up and going with the new version, and new server, then uninstall the "old" server key manager. However when I installed the first client that already had a network shared key to the new version, it will not activate with the new key, FYI:both old and new network license servers are running right now.. I am guessing that the client is looking at the old server verses the new server, and that is the problem.

How do I fix that problem?

The next client that I want to install is getting changed from a standalone key to the shared key, is there anything I should do on that client before installing the 2012 version?

I am stopping my implementation at this point until I get this one client fixed..

16 REPLIES 16
Message 2 of 17
adam.carter
in reply to: adam.carter

Server= Windows 2008 R2

Client= Windows Xp

Message 3 of 17
DarrenP

what program is this?

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 4 of 17
adam.carter
in reply to: DarrenP

Autodesk Product Design Suite Premium 2012

product key 782d1

Message 5 of 17
DarrenP

is there any error messages your getting?

DarrenP
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 6 of 17
adam.carter

when I try to activate the client (was using shared key, but different server) It says the serial number is not valid for this install type, or something like that.

Message 7 of 17
DarrenP

you should be installing the software as a network license and not as a standalone license

DarrenP

EESignature

Message 8 of 17
adam.carter

I beleave I did, is there anyway to find out what type of install was done on it, and if it was the wrong type how do I change it, uninstall and reinstall?

Message 9 of 17
DarrenP

in autocad you can type "about" on the command line

in other products you click the drop down menu near the question mark at the top right corner and choose about>product information

DarrenP

EESignature

Message 10 of 17
adam.carter

it does say "Standalone-Locked" how do I change that it to a network shared version?

Message 11 of 17
DarrenP

you have to uninstall and reinstall as a network license

DarrenP

EESignature

Message 12 of 17
adam.carter

nice solution.. Smiley Indifferent

Message 13 of 17
DarrenP

i don't like it either

but that is the only to change it

DarrenP

EESignature

Message 14 of 17
DarrenP

uninstall process should be easy

go to start menu>all programs>autodesk>quick uninstall tool for autodesk product design suite 2012

DarrenP

EESignature

Message 15 of 17
adam.carter

easy to do, but it takes about 3-4 hours to install, plus the uninstall.. More of a time thing than anything.. I can remote in and do it after hours so the user can still work... but then I don't get paid for the work..

O'well thats just part of the job.

Message 16 of 17
BoilerDude

On the old version, I remember modifying the registry to do this.

Message 17 of 17
TravisNave
in reply to: BoilerDude

Yes, but from release 2010 to present the registry fix no longer works.  Reinstall is the only method at this point. 

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report