Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 13
Anonymous
1088 Views, 12 Replies

2012 install hangs

I am installing Product Design Suite 2012 from USB.

The installation is hanging during the 2012 language pack install with message:

Please insert the disk: AutoCAD Mechanical 2012: AutoCAD Mechanical 2012 DVD

How do I resolve this?

Inventor 2011 (2012 pending)
Dell Precision T3500
Windows 7 64-bit
6GB RAM
dual NVidia Quadro FX1800
Driver 8.17.12.7565

12 REPLIES 12
Message 2 of 13
HelenChen-Autodesk
in reply to: Anonymous

Hello,

Could you please attach the screen snapshot to let us have a look?

Regards,

Helen

Message 3 of 13
Anonymous
in reply to: HelenChen-Autodesk

Clicking OK will bring the same message up after about 30 seconds.

Message 4 of 13
HelenChen-Autodesk

Hello,

May we know what products you selected to install as well besides ACM in that package? And is this your first time to install?

If you try to copy the installation package from USB to your local PC, do you still meet this issue during installation? 

Regards,

Helen

Message 5 of 13
Anonymous

I have installed everything except AutoCAD Mechanical.  Since that installation was hanging, I did not select it, but all the other software installed successfully.  I will try installing from hard drive.

Message 6 of 13
Anonymous

Reinstalled Mechanical succesfully from downloaded installation files, I did not try copying the USB files to the hard drive, since I already had the installation files on the network.

Thanks

Message 7 of 13
HelenChen-Autodesk

Hello John,

It's good to know that you have installed AutoCAD Mechanical successfully.

In order to help us understand what was going wrong, could you please kindly share with us more information? Thank you very much for your help!

1. Did you ever installed any Beta version of 2012 in this machine? Like AutoCAD Mechanical 2012 Beta and/or Inventor 2012 Beta?

2. Any previous Autodesk products installed in that machine? Like Inventor 2011/ACM 2012?

3. Even if you only select ACM 2012 to install from the USB package, the hangs issue will happen?

4. UAC of Win7 64 is ON or OFF when you install?

Thank you.

Regards,

Helen

Message 8 of 13
Anonymous

No previous installs of any 2012 beta.

Inventor & Mechanical 2011 are installed on this machine, 2012 products were installed previously and uninstalled.

I had the same issue when trying to install ACM by itself.

UAC was off and virus scanner was disabled.

Message 9 of 13
HelenChen-Autodesk

Hello John,

Thank you very much for your reply. Sorry that I want to check with you for more information. Thank you very much for your support and patient.

You mentioned Inventor & Mechanical 2011 are installed on this machine, 2012 products were installed previously and uninstalled. And you had the same issue when trying to install ACM by itself.

The 2012 products are the products installed from Product Design Suite USB except ACM 2012? May we know why you need to uninstall them after installation?

You had the same issue when trying to install ACM by itself, whether the media you used to install ACM is DVD of ACM 2012 installation package itself?

And the Inventor & ACM 2011 was installed from DVD? Autodesk Inventor Professional Suite 2011?

Regards,

Helen

Message 10 of 13
Anonymous

Uninstalled 2012 products trying to troubleshoot MDT2009 installation.

I was able to complete all installs from the 2012 USB, except ACM, which I installed from downloaded installation files.

2011 products were installed from DVD's

Message 11 of 13
HelenChen-Autodesk

Hello John,

Thank you very much for your rapid feedback. We really appreciate for your support and patience!

Based on the information and your another post about MDT 2009 Install - http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Installation-Licensing/MDT2009-install/m-p/3133584#M36832, could you please confirm whether the installation steps below are the ones you experienced? Thank you.

Possible Steps:

1. Install Inventor 2011 and ACM 2011 from DVD, - successfully

2. Install all products include ACM 2012 from Product Design Suite Premium USB for the first time and success (because  your another post about MDT 2009 install was posted earlier than this ACM 2012 install issue, and in that post you mentioned your PC has ACM 2012 installed already). - Please correct me if my understanding was wrong.

3. Install MDT 2009 but failed with error 1603.

4. Uninstall all 2012 products include ACM 2012

5. Install all products include ACM 2012 again from Product Design Suite Premium USB, but this time you got the message to ask for the disk of ACM. Then you have to cancel the installation.

6. Then you tried to install ACM itself from USB, also got the message to ask for the disk of ACM, then you have to cancel it.

7. You download the EF package of ACM 2012 from web and install it successfully.

Regards,

Helen

Regards,

Helen

Message 12 of 13
Anonymous

That is correct.

Message 13 of 13
HelenChen-Autodesk

Hello John,

Thank you very much for your confirmation.

Today we tried with the steps already, but I am very sorry that we are not able to reproduce the issue you experienced. We can install MDT 2009 successfully and we can install Inventor 2012/ACM 2012 from the USB successfully as well.

Anyway, it's glad that you have installed ACM 2012 successfully already by downloading the files. Please keep us know if you have other issue meet during installation.

Thank you very much for your support as always.

Regards,

Helen

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report