Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2012 default installation directory?

9 REPLIES 9
SOLVED
Message 1 of 10
Dazzman
2416 Views, 9 Replies

2012 default installation directory?

I take it that in the new 2012 installer you no longer get the option to change the default directory name in to which AutoCAD installs on previous versions it was displayed the path i.e. c: C:\Program Files\Autodesk\AutoCAD 2011 in 2012 you just see the path C:\Program Files\Autodesk\ not the name of the directory in to which AutoCAD will be installed?

I don’t bother changing it it’s just that this time it installs to AutoCAD 2012 – English I take it that this makes it easier to install multiple language versions of the application in their native language directories?

So my real question is has AutoCAD become a regionalised installation or has someone forgot to include the installation directory path name in the installation or am I just not seeing it during my deployment installation?

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
hashim.mundol
in reply to: Dazzman

your observations are correct. there are various reason for this behaviour. one of them is to keep the installation process simple when it comes to bundled products; also it does help to install multiple language products side by side without user having to think about different directory for different language.

if you have any specific concerns for deployment we can address it differently

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If my post answers your question, please mark it as an Accepted Solution, so that others can find answers quickly!
For more tips & tricks: http://upandready.typepad.com

Hashim Mundol
Autodesk Product Support
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 3 of 10
Dazzman
in reply to: hashim.mundol

Thanks for your reply.

I needed confirmation on how the default installation is configured for the 2012 products so that I could pass it on to our developers.

Message 4 of 10
cpadilla

I'm only installing the English version, can I rename the "Autocad 2012-English" folder to just "ACAD 2012"?

Message 5 of 10
Dazzman
in reply to: cpadilla

I don’t think you can actually rename the installation folder you can only move its location.

Message 6 of 10
vicleeber

Can someone tell me if this 2012 upgrade will install a new copy in addition to my already installed 2011?  I'm running an SSD drive and don't want two copies of cad on it.

Message 7 of 10
hashim.mundol
in reply to: vicleeber

Yes it will.

you will have uninstall 2011 manually if you don't want use it.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If my post answers your question, please mark it as an Accepted Solution, so that others can find answers quickly!

Hashim Mundol
Autodesk Product Support
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 8 of 10
vicleeber

Thanks for the quick reply.  What folders/files should I save before uninstall?

Message 9 of 10
hashim.mundol
in reply to: vicleeber

If you have space, I would recommend install 2012, then import custom settings and then uninstall 2011.

if you not, refer to the documentation(2012) on how to export/import the custom settings before uninstalling 2011.

Hashim Mundol
Autodesk Product Support
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 10 of 10
syria89

well i tried to install civil 3d 2012 in french then tried to install it in english it wont let me install it

the only way i am doing it right now is i modified the deployment and for the french version

i did add \FR in the deployement

C:\Program Files\Autodesk\Fr\

and the english i will do the same by adding \EN

C:\Program Files\Autodesk\EN

i will do the test and i let you know

i know it will work for autocad product based

but for example i dont think i will be able to install Revit FR and EN

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report