I'm building a deployment image for PDS 2012 and I got the attached error message. I have some questions to go along with the image:
- I am using a local machine to build a network deployment. Users will access the deployment image on a central server. Can I build the deployment locally then copy the folder and files over the the central server OR do I have to build it on the central server from the beginning?
- Is the path file in the error message too long? I seem to remember the Windows has a limit of the number of characters in a file path.
- I'm using a 64 bit machine to build both 32 bit and 64 bit deployments. Is there an issue with this?
Thanks for the help.
Solved! Go to Solution.
A. We don’t recommend or support creating deployment locally and then moving it on a network share, but technically you can build a deployment locally and then move it on a network server.
>>Here is how to:
1. Copy the deployment and verify that everything has been copied from \\localsystem\deployment to \\server\deployment
2. Go to \\server\deployment\Tools folder
3. Right lick on ‘Create & modify a deployment’ shortcut and select Properties
4. Change Target path as follows:
\server\deployment\AdminImage\setup.exe /MD \\server\deployment\AdminImage\deployment_name.ini /ML /language en-us
5. Change Start in path as follows: \\server\deployment\AdminImage
6. Double click on ‘Create & modify a deployment’ shortcut
7. Select ‘Modify an existing deployment configuration’
8. Make sure that Administrative image path and create log file path are correct
9. Click Next and follow the wizard.
B. Based on the attached screenshot of the error message 1304, the issue appears to be related Windows installer not been able to successfully resolve the path to the manifest files it needs to write for Sketchbook prerequisites. Please try removing spaces from the path to the deployment image and shorten it (e.g. \\cdcapps1\Autodesk\PDS2012\x32 or make it even shorter.)
C. You should be able to create 32-bit deployment image on 64-bit system, however, I personally always create 32-bit deployments on 32-bit systems.
Autodesk Product Support