Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2012 Network install isues

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
CarstenJ
4162 Views, 5 Replies

2012 Network install isues

<body><p>I am attempting to Deploy AutoCAD 2012 on multiple Windows 7 - 64 Bit systems, using our Single Server Licence manager.<p><br><p>When asked for the server name, I enter it, but the 'Next' Button remains greyed out.<p>We have checked, and rechecked that the server is operating properly and that the licence is active.<p><br><p>We are currently able to install and run 2011, using the same systems, and the same Licence Server.<p>And the 2012 will also not install (same issue) on Windows XP - 32 Bit systems.<p><br><p>I have noticed that when installing 2011 using a Licence Server, it does not need to verify the server before being able to click 'next' to install.  This could be an issue if it is trying to 'verify' the server on ports other than the ones that are opened for the purpose of running the licence server.<p><br><p>I am hoping for some insight as to either, which port(s) it may be using at this point to verify the server, how to bypass this point of the install without having to verify the server, or other information as to what could be causing this install issue.
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Darin.Green
in reply to: CarstenJ

Carsten,

When you're creating the deployment, and you reach the page where it ask for Serial Number, Product Key, and license type, make sure all of the fields are fill out. In order to get to the next page, your serial number and product key should have green check marks indicating it's a valid number.

Keep me posted.

If this information was helpful, please consider using the Accept Solution

Message 3 of 6
CarstenJ
in reply to: Darin.Green

<body><p>We are not createing a deployment.  We are using the original CD's to install the software on 14 systems in a Lab environment, and pointing it to the Server that is running the Licence Manager Software, as we have always been able to do with the previous versions of AutoCAD<p><br><p>As a test, I was even able to install AutoCAD 2011 earlier today, using this mewthod.<p><br><p><br>
Message 4 of 6
CarstenJ

<body><p>Darin,<p><br><p><span class="Apple-tab-span" style="white-space:pre"> Thank you for the information.  It helped me to notice the difference in installation between 2011 and 2012.<p><br><p>With 2011, you were able to select '30 day trial', and then enter the Server name.  The server would then manage the licence, and the '30 day trial' would be of no concequence.<p><br><p>With 2012, when selecting 'Network Licence', you must also enter the serial number and product key.  The selection screen is misleading to anyone who understands Server Managed licencing, as normally when a server is managing the licence, a serial number and/or product key are not required.<p><br><p><br>
Message 5 of 6
Darin.Green

Carsten,

See image below. Do you have the green check marks located next to the serial number and product key, as well as the server name box filled in?

Note: Since I already have AutoCAD installed, I had to use a different Autodesk application to show this image. However, its the same process for AutoCAD.

Product Information.jpg

If this information was helpful, please consider using the Accept Solution

Message 6 of 6
cmfranson
in reply to: Darin.Green

I'm having the same issue attempting to install the Autodesk Entertainment Suite 2012, and I do have the green checks next to the Serial/Product code.

I should also add that I'm trying to install on Win 7 X64, license server is running on a Mac and is working with our Mac installations just fine.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report