Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 10
nick.beaven
537 Views, 9 Replies

2012 Licence Behaviour

We have a pool Building Design Suite Premium’s that we have recently added to our servers and I was under the impression that if you open a Revit (High value product) then opened an AutoCAD (Low value product) that this would only use one licence from the pool. However from our last couple of days worth of records this doesn’t seem to be the case, meaning that my licence usage is doubling up from where it should be. Can anyone confirm how the licences are supposed to work or if anyone is having the same issues?

Cheers,

Nick B

Tags (2)
9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
TravisNave
in reply to: nick.beaven

Unfortunately, AutoCAD does not properly cascade to the Bulding Design Suites. This is a known issue. I'm hoping eventually this is addressed in a future hotfix.

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 3 of 10
DarrenP
in reply to: TravisNave

the workaround was to install autocad from the Building Design Suite products: http://upandready.typepad.com/up_and_ready/2011/08/autodesk-suites-building-design-suite-2012-doesnt...

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 4 of 10
TravisNave

True. That *does* work. It's a shame though that the other AutoCAD verticals don't cascade properly to BDS. 😞

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 5 of 10
DarrenP
in reply to: TravisNave

it seems the new suites all have cascading issues

DarrenP
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 6 of 10
TravisNave

That ain't no lie. I'd like to see hotfixes like what they did for Civil. Probably not until next year's release...

Autodesk Forums:
Message 7 of 10
nick.beaven

Thanks all for the replys, is anyone else regreting the switch to suites yet?!?!?

Message 8 of 10

Hi all,

I'd like to share my issue. One of our customers was earlier having Revit Archi Suite, Revit Structure Suite and Revit MEP suite each 3 licenses. Now they've got BDS 5 nos. on the same server. We've got single lic file from Autodesk including all the above licenses. Now if anybody opens AutoCAD 2012 (installed from BDS) and Revit 2012 on the same client machine, it consumes 2 license which is not correct.

I want another clarification about the behaviour in case of standalone installation of BDS. Is it possible to open two windows for two diff products from BDS 2012 in standalone mode? What will happen if we open Revit 2012 and revit 2011 simultaneously on the same pc in case of standalone installation?

let me know if anybody could help.

Thanks in advance.

Brijen Parmar

Message 9 of 10
DarrenP
in reply to: brijen.eurosoft

standalone license works differently than network

the 2011 and 2012 licenses are separate from each other in standalone licensing

in network licensing it falls under the same roof because of package statements in the license file

DarrenP

EESignature

Message 10 of 10
brijen.eurosoft
in reply to: DarrenP

Thanks for the reply Darren.

Since all new suites have cascading issue, i guess it's better to use BDS in standalone mode if we want to use previous versions as well.

-

Brijen

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report