Excellent! Thanks for the follow-up!
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files | Disk Space
I don't particularly like this new cascading.
We have people using plain AutoCAD 2011 that are pulling licenses from the Building Design Suite (BDS).
They do not even have the Building Design Suite on their machine. If someone wants to get into Revit 2011 or 2012 the licenses are already used by people who are using plain AutoCAD.
When this occurs and someone wants to use Revit, I have to look at the license manager, call the person using AutoCAD who is pulling the BDS license and ask them to get out of AutoCAD for a few minutes so the Revit user can get a Revit license.
This doesn't seem right to me.
We have 11 AutoCADs, 2 BDS, 3 PDS, 9 Civil 3D, and more. I've had Autodesk create a new license file for me (they had a good turnaround time, I must say) hoping that was the issue, but it is still going on.
Is this normal? I hope not.
That's what I thought.
I do like when all my 11 AutoCADs are used and when a 12 person tries, it will use a Revit license if available for that 12th AutoCAD. But, it's steeling a BDS license right off the bat. Sounds like I need to re-open my ticket with Autodesk.
I've updated my license server (FlexLM) and license files. So, there must still be something wrong with the License file.
Thanks for the confirmation (or at least agreement).
we ran into this issue with Building Design 2012 & revit MEP 2012
revit 2012 & 2011 would pull from the MEP suite license but 2010, 2009 would pull from the building design suite pool
so the fix was to put the MEP Suite license on the top and put building design suite at the bottom and include both plists for both as per request by autodesk to try
Yes, rearranging things seemed to do the trick.
One would think Autodesk would compile my license file correctly considering that was part of the information I included in the ticket.
It still shows me as using two licenses when I have a 2012 and 2011 Civil 3D open, though. That's no big deal, it shouldn't happen often.
It does correctly show only one license when I have Inventor 2012 and Mechanical 2012 open at the same time.
So, I think I'm good to go.
Here's my 2 cents.
I have always put AutoCAD at the top of a merged lic file. I've found it has not stopped vanilla AutoCAD getting Suite licenses (Revit Structure, Product Design Suite Ultimate).
In my research I have found AutoCAD will only grab a Suite license after it cannot find a AutoCAD licence from the license servers (either all vanilla AutoCAD licences in use, or there's a latency issue and it cannot talk to the license servers). If AutoCAD cannot find a license, it starts going through each license server from the beginning again looking for any Suite licenses and will grab one if there is a spare.
Since we got the new Product Design Suite lics, I am now seeing both vanilla AutoCAD and 3ds Max Design users grabbing that Suite licence. None of those users have Inventor 2011/2012 installed and do not use the Suite serial number on their products.
I have now rearranged the lic file and put all the Suite licenses and the PLIST at the bottom like it has been recommended in this thread. I hope that works. Otherwise I will have to resort to using the options file to controll the Suite licenses.